“Nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Silverdale, Washington
“Nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed for one night in room 225. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free wi-fi worked fine. I did not use the pool, but it looked inviting. The breakfast was great. The breakfast area is roomy and there were some good choices. There were regular scrambled eggs, or scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage. My only complaint was that out of 4 lamps in the room, only 2 worked. The 2 lamps on either side of the bed did not work. I informed them of it at checkout, so I'm sure it will get fixed. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We spent nine nights in hotels criscrossing the country this summer and our stay at La Quinta Joplin was the best night of them all! The Inn had a great restaurant and pool area. The room and staff were friendly and helpful. When we are in Joplin again, this is where we are staying!

Rhome, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here last week on our way home from vacation. We had our little dog with us so we needed a pet friendly hotel so that's why we decided on La Quinta. We checked in late (10:30 pm) and check in went smoothly and the girls at the front were really helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The beds were super comfy and we slept great. Breakfast was really good with lots of options. The only problem was the parking since it was connected to a bar and there was no parking for us. We had to park way up near the front but I figured that my car would probably be safer up under the lights anyway.

1 Thank michellevw
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I did enjoy LaQuinta in Joplin, Mo. I found the staff professional and polite. The attached restaurant was okay. I liked the access on/off I-44 (convenient). Overall, it was clean and my Boston Terrier and I felt safe staying there.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Maryland Heights, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had originally booked 2 nights with the inn but then we realized we only needed one. So we went and talked to the lady at the front desk and she told us that all we had to do was check out the next day and we would not be charged the extra night. When we finally got the bill, they never even canceled our second night and charged us for it! We called up the manager but he told us he could not return our money. In other words because a staff member was not properly trained we ended up wasting extra money.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Elizabeth T
Marshall, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I just finished a 5 day stay at the La Quinta Inn in Joplin, MO. The facility is one of the best in the area with a huge outdoor pool, nicely setup rooms with refrig and microwave. Beds are very comfy, and the hotel is located in a great area with plenty of dining options. The breakfast in the morning is very good with many options, and the lady that works it is truly amazing! I was a bit disappointed with the service of house keeping. One day we left the hotel about 10:30 and returned at approximately 4:00 in the afternoon to find out our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and told him we were going out and wondered if they could please take care of it before we got back. He apologized and said they would. When we returned from playing tennis, still nothing done. A second visit to the front desk in person to ask if they could go down and change the towels, add TP, & dump garbage as we were headed out for dinner. Upon returning, still nothing done, so I went to the front desk a 2nd time and the gentleman handed me a few more towels and 1 roll of TP. I thought the whole ordeal was frustrating when your paying over $90 per night. They need to improve their service. There was also little things like we noticed water was leaking on our floor most likely from the AC unit. My wife went to the front desk and they sent maintenance down to look at it. They looked at it and agreed the floor was wet, but did nothing about it! Didn't offer to put us in a different room or anything. I finally went to the front desk and asked if we could change rooms, which they did. This kind of stuff is frustrating when you stay 5 days, you expect better service. I will have to think twice about staying here again if we come down to visit our niece. By the way, two of our days on vacation was spent volunteering for "Stuff the Bus" to help count, split up, & deliver supplies to the Joplin & Web City Schools of needy kids. We enjoyed doing this and hope everyone has a great school year.

1 Thank Denny K
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

It's hard to put my finger on any one reason for my displeasure with this hotel. I just got an overall bad impression. The hotel is old and run down - the carpet in my room was in desperate need of replacement. The bathroom was way too small and set up awkwardly (hard to close the door). It was not as clean as I would have liked, though it wasn't filthy. The hallway smells like cigarette smoke, though my room was fine. It took me all evening to find a comfortable level for the AC - it was either freezing or burning up. The walls were paper thin, so I could hear people not only in the hallways and the rooms next to mine, but even in the rooms across the hall. I woke up to the sound of the couple across the hall having a very loud argument about breakfast - she wanted to eat there, he wanted to go out. I shouldn't have been able to hear that from my room. I've stayed at much nicer La Quinta Inns, but I won't be staying at this one again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo