“skip this hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Lexington, South Carolina
“skip this hotel!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the last 5 years. In the past it was a clean and convenient place to stay. However, this last visit will be our last!! Here are just a few of the things that took place in our 5 day stay. The staff was not professional!!. It started when we walked in the door. The young man at the desk was less than welcoming. The lady working the desk was taking personal phone calls for more than 25 min. during our breakfast time. The breakfast was horrible. There wasn't any hot water for oatmeal, toaster didn't work, coffee was empty most of the time. The lady who was doing double duty of cleaning rooms and working the food area brought her children with her Sunday morning. She was making sure they were fed and entertained more than taking care of the guests. We left a tip for the maid our first night and we still had to go to the front desk and ask for toilet paper!! It just felt dirty!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Leslie H
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I am sorry that you found your stay with us to be less than satisfactory. This is not a normal response or concern for our property.

I have been researching and reviewing the incidents that you have noted, and will be handling accordingly.

I would have liked the opportunity to assist you while you were on property for the 5 day stay. If I can assist you in any way please contact me.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This hotel is convenient to I-44 without being too close (no highway noise). The facility has been well kept, and the staff were very friendly. It is very convenient to several restaurants and Starbucks:) We found it to be a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay with the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Joplin. We are aware you had many choices on where to stay.

Thank you for staying!
Edmond
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I continue to try differnt locations in Joplin - and still looking for a place I like. The Fairfield, is retaively new, well kept, but wallsa are thin, so you can hear whats going on in the hall, above, below, and along side of you. The rooms are barren of any kind of artwork - austere. Breafast was disappointing - some kind of frozen precooked sausages, powdered eggs - blah.

I get the impression that Joplin hotels just don't care - figure people are just travelling through, spend a night and go on, so no much concern about repeat customers. But some of us travel through on a somewhat regular basis - and continue to look for something better..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
I wanted to thank you for staying with us while you were in Joplin. I do appreciate the feedback, and I am sorry you found your stay less than satisfactory.

The breakfast has just been implemented with all Fairfield Inn's. We are working to try and work with the options we have, and perfect it to the best of our ability. We are also scheduled, and looking forward to our renovation scheduled towards the end of 2013.

I do value your opinion, and take pride in our property. I hope that if you are back through the area you will try us again.
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Fairfield Inn Joplin is an exemplary Fairfield Inn. The hotel was as expected for the brand--clean, safe, in a good location, and with very friendly staff. The room was very clean and the bathroom on the larger size for a Fairfield Inn. I had a king size room on the third floor and it was quiet. The breakfast had many choices including sausage, eggs, fruit, and yogurt. It was well stocked. There is an indoor pool. There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby and you can walk to a Ruby Tuesday. I recommend if you like Thai food trying Thai Time Cafe a few minutes of a drive away--I wrote a review of it. There is also a sushi place nearby, but it was closed when I was there. The hotel is very close interstate 44. If I am in Joplin again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Tanya B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
You had a choice on where to stay while you were in Joplin... and I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were here.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that your stay was satisfactory. If you are ever back in the area, come back and see us. We would love to have you back.
Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Not on the top of my list, but I will say that the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean. Front desk clerk, Bobbie, was very helpful and friendly. Hotel was easy to find off the highway, and was close to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through Joplin.
I appreciate you taking the time to list a review. If there is anything we
could have done to make your stay better, please do let us know.
We are undergoing a renovation at the end of 2013, and hope that you
will stop back in if you find yourself traveling through Joplin.
Conroy, Iowa
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We were traveling back from Iowa to Texas from our Thanksgiving trip. We are a mom and a dad and two kids (ages 5 and 2). We require a refrigerator and an indoor pool at the hotels we choose and we try to keep the price under 100 dollars. I try to keep my expectations in line with the price. With that background information, I rate this hotel a great value for the price. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and clean and had conditioner which is always a plus for me. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They gave me directions to the restaurant I wanted to get take-out and they brought extra towels when requested. The pool was warm and perfect for the kids to use up their excess energy after being in car seats all day. Breakfast exceeded our expectations with sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, omelets, fresh fruit cups, and lots of breakfast sandwiches to heat up in the microwave. We found something that everyone was willing to eat in the family. I also like reading the USA Today that was provided. The internet station in the lobby worked although it was a bit slow. Overall, this was a great overnight stop on our trip home and if we take this route again this would be a hotel we would definitely choose again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling
through Joplin. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to list a review.

I hope your whole trip was as enjoyable as your stay was.
Please if ever back in the area, do come back and
us!
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We are retired and do a lot of driving all across the US and are always pleasantly surprised at the Marriott chain of hotels. We have stayed in all levels of their hotels and they are always clean, friendly, and comfortable. This Fairfield did not disappoint. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast had a good selection, and the price was right.
Yes, the seal of one of the windows was broken so the one side was foggy and the elevator had a funny smell but everything else was perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us while you
were traveling through Joplin. I am glad you took
the time to list a review.

We are looking into getting the window seals repaired
this coming year.

I do hope that if you find yourself traveling through our
area again, that you will come back and stay with us.