“We were wowed!”

Trezo Mare
Ranked #42 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briarcliff Parkway and 169 Highway
Description: Trezo Mare is the most beautiful restaurant and lounge in Kansas City - located only 5 minutes north of downtown, just across the Broadway Bridge. Chef Robert Padilla has created an amazing menu including, fresh seasonal seafood preparations, handmade pastas, hardwood-fired steaks, tempting appetizers, sensational flatbreads, made-from-scratch soups, fresh salads and mouth-watering desserts.
“We were wowed!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat my wife to a surprise 'no real occasion' night out. After some consideration, and after hearing a few good things from a friend we decided to try, Trezo Mare. It's located in the the ritzy Briarcliff area. At first I worried I was underdressed but the warm welcome from the hostess assured my wife and myself that was not the case. We opted for a cozy booth in the restaurants main dining room. We were promptly greeted by our friendly and knowledgable server, Michael. What prompted me to write this review was this kids service, recommendations - which were spot on, and his overall demeanor. My wife was terribly impressed, which definitely earned me some brownie points. We shared the scallops and Hawaiian tuna..both were fantastic! My wife had never had better scallops! After wine, salads, and dinner, we were very satisfied. Anxious to try the desserts next time! Dining on a Monday night was perfect, nice and quiet and every need fulfilled. We will absolutely be back and soon!

• Visited June 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“Blame the SHIFT CHANGE? BAD**”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A friend and I ran in for a quick late lunch. It was very late, were the only customers. Manager (?) was sitting in the bar with another man when we entered. He glanced our way and went back to his discussion. He finally seated us, it was obviously a bother. Made us both a little uncomfortable but no biggie. Server was a great gal, no complaints with her. She suggested the Shrimp Diablo and my friend and I both took her advice. Pasta was not cooked enough. Four glasses of Chardonnay and two bowls of bad pasta $100.00. I don't normally complain but this was a BAD experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Shelley E
Preston W, Manager at Trezo Mare, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Shelley,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your review from the Trip Advisor website. First of all, we appreciate feedback from our guests, both positive and constructive, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent dining experience. I sincerely apologize that your visit was not an overall great one, from start to finish. When guests join us for lunch, whether it is early in the day or later afternoon, we want everyone to feel welcome with a smile and warm greeting from the moment they walk into our restaurant, and we try to ensure we provide great service and excellent food for any occasion. That you did not have the “total experience” is disheartening to hear.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the service my staff member provided and took her advice on the Shrimp Diablo; however, the pasta should not have been undercooked…adding another check mark as to where the ball was dropped on our end. I have shared your email with our chefs and they will be mindful to ensure that the pastas are fully cooked and not too al dente going forward.

We uphold a very high standard on a daily basis with our staff, the food quality, and management, but unfortunately we did not fulfill our duties the day you were here. As a goodwill gesture, if you could please provide me with your mailing address, I would like to send you a $100 gift card for you to come back and experience what Trezo Mare has to offer, and I assure you that your visit will be that of the standard that we strive to achieve each and every day…100% total guest satisfaction.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erin Dolan
Assistant General Manager
816-505-3200
edolan@trezomare.com
Kansas City, MO
“The Terrace is the "PLACE, SUNSET/CITY VIEWS"”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Trezo Mare is an upscale Northland venue with an attractive bar area with a fireplace (for colder weather) and an extraordinary patio with fabulous sunset/city views (for warmer weather.) That being said, the restaurant struggles with its menu and poor service. The pizzas are verey good, the calmari is frozen strips of god knows what. The list of entrees never changes except for raising the prices. The waitstaff is arrogant, slow, indignant, and unwelcoming. The service usually sucks unless you know a waiter personally. The manager just left for West Palm Beach and server turnover is high. Go for the view, be patient, and pour your own wine! The waitstaff needs a makeover.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank peteroo820
Kansas City
“Not the stuffy place I thought it was”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was searching for a nice place to hang out and have a pleasant but not too expensive Father's Day meal, and on a whim just checked out the menu to see if anything was affordable. I was delighted to find a whole bunch of things, seafood included, in around the $10-15 range. Clearly the lighter fare, such as the wood-fired salmon salad that I had, but as long as there is a decent selection of options, I'm happy. Plenty of pasta and pizza offerings in that range as well. The house white wine for $6 was excellent, not just some cheap crap. The servers were great and the view from the outdoor patio was charming and beautiful. We had a lovely time and will be back - can't believe I've lived here so long without trying it.

• Visited June 2014
Kansas City, MO
“Amazing unique food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been hear a handful of times. Trying new things each time. This last time was hands down one of the best meals I have ever had. Shrimp risotto. The spinc salad with pears and fun yummy dressing is also wonderful and I crave it. I tried a new summer signature drink and didn't care for it, the waitress was so sweet and actually had a totally different one made. It was very good. I can't remember the name, it was kinda like a mohito, with low calories. Anyway, the place is super underrated. I am dying to go back. We went for our 5 year anniv. each had a drink and dinner. Total was only around $60. Our server was so sweet and knowledgeable. I have been sat her table twice.

• Visited May 2014