“Delicious Food”

Trezo Mare
Ranked #46 of 1,421 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briarcliff Parkway and 169 Highway
Description: Trezo Mare is the most beautiful restaurant and lounge in Kansas City - located only 5 minutes north of downtown, just across the Broadway Bridge. Chef Robert Padilla has created an amazing menu including, fresh seasonal seafood preparations, handmade pastas, hardwood-fired steaks, tempting appetizers, sensational flatbreads, made-from-scratch soups, fresh salads and mouth-watering desserts.
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went here for our anniversary and really enjoyed the food. It can be a bit on the pricey side, depending on what you order. We ordered the chef's ravioli and the surf and turf special. Both were very delicious meals and the service was good. Husband had the Wagyu steak with the surf and turf special and thought it was a decent steak, but would probably try the filet if we went back. We were dressed up, but that was not needed. All different kinds of attire, from jeans/shorts to slacks and dresses. Nice area around the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Classy place with very good food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had lunch at Trezo Mare with my sister and cousin. Following my cousin's suggestion, I had the fish tacos with a side spinach salad. It was excellent. My niece had the risotto which was very good as well. The service was impeccable. According to our server, all of their food is prepared in their kitchen (nothing purchased ready-made) and they try to use local sources for their ingredients as well. The décor of the restaurant was elegant & classy but not fussy. Yes, you could wear jeans to this restaurant but you could also wear a dress and you would not feel over-dressed. It looks like a great date restaurant. In addition, the prices seemed really reasonable. We only had the lunch menu but my meal was less than $10! My only regret was that I do not live in the Kansas City area and won't be able to return more frequently! If you live in the area you must make Trezo Mare a favorite stop!

• Visited July 2014
Griesheim, Germany
“Best steak ever”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This was by far the best cut filet I every had. No steak sauce needed. When that's the case then you know it's seasoned right and tenderized

“We were wowed!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat my wife to a surprise 'no real occasion' night out. After some consideration, and after hearing a few good things from a friend we decided to try, Trezo Mare. It's located in the the ritzy Briarcliff area. At first I worried I was underdressed but the warm welcome from the hostess assured my wife and myself that was not the case. We opted for a cozy booth in the restaurants main dining room. We were promptly greeted by our friendly and knowledgable server, Michael. What prompted me to write this review was this kids service, recommendations - which were spot on, and his overall demeanor. My wife was terribly impressed, which definitely earned me some brownie points. We shared the scallops and Hawaiian tuna..both were fantastic! My wife had never had better scallops! After wine, salads, and dinner, we were very satisfied. Anxious to try the desserts next time! Dining on a Monday night was perfect, nice and quiet and every need fulfilled. We will absolutely be back and soon!

• Visited June 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Blame the SHIFT CHANGE? BAD**”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A friend and I ran in for a quick late lunch. It was very late, were the only customers. Manager (?) was sitting in the bar with another man when we entered. He glanced our way and went back to his discussion. He finally seated us, it was obviously a bother. Made us both a little uncomfortable but no biggie. Server was a great gal, no complaints with her. She suggested the Shrimp Diablo and my friend and I both took her advice. Pasta was not cooked enough. Four glasses of Chardonnay and two bowls of bad pasta $100.00. I don't normally complain but this was a BAD experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Shelley E
Preston W, Manager at Trezo Mare, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Shelley,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your review from the Trip Advisor website. First of all, we appreciate feedback from our guests, both positive and constructive, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent dining experience. I sincerely apologize that your visit was not an overall great one, from start to finish. When guests join us for lunch, whether it is early in the day or later afternoon, we want everyone to feel welcome with a smile and warm greeting from the moment they walk into our restaurant, and we try to ensure we provide great service and excellent food for any occasion. That you did not have the “total experience” is disheartening to hear.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the service my staff member provided and took her advice on the Shrimp Diablo; however, the pasta should not have been undercooked…adding another check mark as to where the ball was dropped on our end. I have shared your email with our chefs and they will be mindful to ensure that the pastas are fully cooked and not too al dente going forward.

We uphold a very high standard on a daily basis with our staff, the food quality, and management, but unfortunately we did not fulfill our duties the day you were here. As a goodwill gesture, if you could please provide me with your mailing address, I would like to send you a $100 gift card for you to come back and experience what Trezo Mare has to offer, and I assure you that your visit will be that of the standard that we strive to achieve each and every day…100% total guest satisfaction.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erin Dolan