“lot of the rides were closed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Worlds Of Fun Oceans of Fun

Worlds Of Fun Oceans of Fun
Ranked #25 of 152 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: The midwest's premier amusement park, featuring 235 acres of rides and slides. Two great parks for one great price in 2013. Experience both parks for one low price! Slide all day and ride all night! Experience seven roller coasters, huge water slides, thrill rides, Planet Snoopy for the whole family, and a brand new Oceans of Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Saint Louis, Missouri
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“lot of the rides were closed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

would have gave it at least a good but alot of rides were closed for repairs not sure because it was a weekday but with it being june and summer vacation for kids you would think they would have everything up and running so its still worth going but get a deal like we did because paying full price for 1/4 of the rides down would be a full ripoff...

1 Thank S W

• Arabic first
Kansas City, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wouldn't ever go if we didn't live in KC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We now live in KC so we go ahead and get season passes, mostly because of the attached pass to Oceans of Fun. With that said, do NOT drive any amount of distance to come here. It's rundown, dirty and manned by 16 year olds that are busy imagining their future selfie poses instead of how to, you know, do their job.

Before moving to Kansas City, our closest theme park was Silver Dollar City. The comparison is like being forced to dine at gas stations after years of eating nothing but casino buffets. The "entertainment" is minuscule at Worlds of Fun and what they do have is half crocked… imagine children putting on a well executed show for the adults at a family reunion… Can you imagine that? Good job. You've just imagined 100% of the shows at Worlds of Fun. (At SDC you have everything from glass blowers to magicians to a saloon show to several musicals).

The park decorations at Worlds of Fun are seriously lacking. At SDC you can just walk around and enjoy the view no matter where you go; the rides and shows are just a bonus. From the flowers and vegetation in spring through fall to the Christmas lights in the winter, SDC is always gorgeous. Not the case at WOF, although I will say that one year there were lots of dead frogs in their neon blue water bodies. We counted dead frogs. That was kind of entertaining, albeit a smudge depressing.

Food at SDC is really good (kettle corn, frozen lemonade, fried potatoes, amazing BBQ); food at WOF is really bad (frozen corn dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and I don't mean the quality kind).

And the rides… the Timber Wolf at WOF has probably caused numerous herniated disks. After that experience, my son and I felt like we had just been in a car wreck. We won't ever ride that one again. Otherwise, there are a few decent rides at WOF and that is essentially the ONLY reason to go there. But the rides at SDC are still better - more clever, colorful and entertaining and you'll be able to walk after all of them.

Like I said, we live close by and even then I debate every year on whether to buy passes or not. I guess one should think of Worlds of Fun like a city park with a few rides, a few trash cans and free toilets and that's what you get. If it weren't for the combo pass that includes Oceans of Fun, we definitely wouldn't buy the passes at all.

And after you think about all of these things that I mentioned, consider the fact that SDC:
Has a MUCH longer season (April - December as opposed to June - October)
Better days and hours (After school goes back in session, WOF is only open on weekends/holidays while SDC remains open pretty much all week)
Doesn't charge for parking
Is cheaper
AND SDC has a damn cave. And fiddles.

In closing, to those of you residing within driving distance of Branson, I miss it and I envy you.

8 Thank alethalsin
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I was definitely expecting a lot more. Seemed run down. I will say, all the staff I talked to were friendly and very helpful. Beware: when you see the sign on the Timber Wolf that says extreme jostling. ..that's just what they mean, times 10! I thought it broke my neck. My daughter was crying. Will not be back.

2 Thank Sarah R
Springfield, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

It was the first time that we had been there.The new ride was not open. One coaster was not running. The lines on most rides were not too long. But the river ride was way too long of a wait.My daughter and I noticed they were not filling the boats. It sat 6 people and many ran with 4 people. At other parks they will say do I have a party of 2 ? Like when in line so boats are filled and keeps line down.There were some fun rides and we enjoyed ourselves. They really needed lockers so we had a place to put our stuff.Food as expected was overpriced. They need to put park maps up in more spots. Toward the end of the day we discovered a part of the park that we did not know about. Overall had a good time.

kansas city
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't expect Disney World”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

If you're expecting Disney don't go. WOF is a great one day park. Lots to do for every age. Planet Snoopy is fun for the little ones and the park has plenty of big coasters for the thrill seekers. My 14 and 10 year olds both love roller coasters so it's a fun day for us. The food is normal overpriced bad park food. If you plan to come more than once buy the park cup. And now that Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun are one park it's a better deal.

1 Thank devo412