“Just OK”

Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
Ranked #8 of 153 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1991, this museum is a tribute to some of baseball's best unknown players.
Clovis, California
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Just OK”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Better than average, but still not enough information about the great players, and their travels through a baseball odyssey.

Visited October 2013

St Neots, United Kingdom
321 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I were ignored at the counter coming and going; the person at the counter seems to value chatting with friends more than service. No great displays. The co-located jazz museum is no great shakes either. Go elsewhere, KC has some great museums such as the WWI Museum, Steamboat Arabia Museum, and the Toy and Miniatures Museum-- go to those!

Visited November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This museum is high class. It's orderly so you can see the short film and the history of the baseball players and league in an organized way. I changed my vacation plans a little just to see this and I'm glad that I did, and I'll see it again when I go back to K.C. If you like baseball at all you will enjoy this and the stories of these great athletes, owners and fans.

Visited August 2013
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“This Museum and the attached American Jazz Museum are a must visit”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Two museums under one roof. Each with its own special interests. The Jazz Museum was excellent, but the Negro Baseball Hall of Fame Museum was so very interesting. Lots of pictures and videos showing how these star baseball players were looked over because of the color of their skin. Amazing.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Really cool exhibit likely not seen elsewhere”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We were driving into town and saw the sign for the museum and decided to visit. It is located in the old jazz section of the city, not far from downtown. Being a baseball junkie in my youth, I knew my fair share about the negro leagues - this went way beyond. They have a very rich collection of memorabilia and information from the start to the end of the leagues. While perhaps not the best displays (I suspect it is not as well funded as other museums), the museum is very intriguing in its depth of knowledge and artifacts - I cannot imagine you can get this information elsewhere. I really wanted to buy something in the gift shop, but frankly the options were limited. If you are a baseball fan/historian, this is a not miss in kc.

Visited September 2013