“Wow - exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Grotto - CLOSED

Blue Grotto
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow - exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

My wife and I had heard about Blue Grotto but had never been. Quite frankly, the reviews online are rather mixed, which made us skeptical. We stopped for lunch on a Sat. The food was amazing. We had a house salad with this lemon vinaigrette and the meatball appetizer and both were delicious. Then we had the lamb pizza and the sausage pizza. There was enough left over to take home one full pizza between the two of us. I have worked in some quality restaurant establishments and this simple but elevated food is worth the trip and we will be back.

• Visited December 2012

“Beautiful Fall Evening in Brookside.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for drinks and something light to eat. The 3 brushetta-of-the-day were awesome, really good. They change every day so just have faith and try them.

We split the Arugula and Roasted Garlic salad which was plenty even when split. This too was delicious. The arugula was perfectly coated with just the right amount of dressing and the garlic was shredded (interesting) and very tasty.

We sat at a two-top in the bar near the front of the restaurant. The front window, which spans the width of the restaurant was open. Loved the sophisticated bar experience. What a great way to experience the early autumn evening.

Overall a very pleasant night at Blue Grotto.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Food and fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have been to Blue Grotto three times. The first two I went for pizza, but ended up ordering something else on the menu. I had a roasted chicken breast the first time and it was one of the best I have ever eaten. The second time I ordered a pasta dish and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. The third time I did order pizza and found it to be delicious. I have since ordered the pizza as take out. I love this place and would highly recommend trying it.

• Visited May 2012
“Gem in Brookside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wonderful pizzas and salads, Grotto Azura salad and Margherita Pizza - cannot go wrong here!

Visited February 2012
Melbourne, Florida
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We visited the Blue Grotto last weekend for drinks out on their patio...continental flair! It was so relaxed and fun that we decided to come back the following evening for dinner. We were not disappointed. We had great wines, and an antipasta platter that the Food Network could not rival. It was fabulous! Reminded us of eating outdoors on a cozy street in Rome or on the Isle of Capri. Fantastic Wine and Food!

Don't miss out on the Blue Grotto in Brookside!

• Visited August 2011