“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Port Orange, Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was wonderful. Everything from the restaurant, to the size, cleanliness, style, front desk, parking was lovely. The breakfast buffet was delicious and well rounded. I was with kids and the room was a mess everyday, but housekeeping was fantastic and made the stay more stress free.
The valet parking is the way to go and only cost an extra couple bucks a day - well worth it. I loved the fresh fruit/veggie water that was available everyday.
I didn't get to enjoy the bar in the lobby, but it looked beautiful as well.
Finally, the pack and play provided by the hotel was great, sturdy and convenient.
My next trip to Kansas City will definitely be at this fantastic hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your guestroom and breakfast. Thank you for letting us know that the housekeeping and valet staff helped to make your stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I enjoyed the Marriott so much on my last trip to KC. The staff was by far the nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered. They were so accommodating to me, my husband and our 3 small kids. The hotel food was amazing and there was so much around the hotel to do and see!! The hotel is beautiful!! We got a great rate and this trip far exceeded our expectations. We will be going back on our next trip to KC!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The new lobby at the downtown KC Marriott is fabulous. As a frequent business traveler, the location is ideal, the staff is very accomodating and responsive. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious - perfect for getting work done away from the office. Also, tt's a nice walk to the Power & Light district which has a nice selection of restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Only there for one night, but would love to have stayed longer. Rooms were clean, large, and quite. The concierge lounge was great. Staff was friendly and check in was quick. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. I recommend Jack Stacks for BBQ.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I am in Kansas City a few times each year and the Marriott has become my hotel of choice when I am in town. There is very little to fault it on. The location is great with all the amenities of the Power & Light district just a few blocks away.

They upgraded the bar and reception area last year and it is stunning now. A great place to work during the day and relax in the evening. The gift shop was taken away during the facelift and replaced with a small shop with a coffee area. Whilst the ladies who ran the coffee cart previously were great, this is a definite improvement.

The rooms are always clean, spacious and generally well-equipped. This trip I had a view of the downtown airport whereas on previous stays I have had a room at the front. The view from the front is better.

I tend to only use the "Metro" restaurant for breakfasts but one of my colleagues had dinner in there this trip and was full of praise. One of my few criticisms is that the in-room dining menu is pretty restricted but maybe I only notice that because of my repeated stays.

My other issue - and this is a really small thing - but where is the in-room safe. I would have thought this was standard now but, no, the Marriott still rely on the old safety deposit box type scheme. Not a problem just less convenient than having a safe in the room.

Small gripes I know - that's why I guarantee I will be back in the next few months.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We spent a weekend at the Marriott and enjoyed our stay. There were only a few cons, but let me highlight the positives. Location is great - easy walk to the Sprint Center and right across from the convention center. Shower water pressure is fantastic. bed and pillows were comfy. Check-in was speedy once you were able to valet the car. Valet parking was reasonably priced and the only way to a park a car in downtown KC. The car line into the hotel was long, but there was a cheer leading and volleyball competitions at the Convention Center. Even with all those young people there was no noise in the hotel.

Our room was in the historic Muehlebach Tower of the Marriott. Room overlooked Barney Allis Plaza and that was fun to watch the fountain and activity. Room was clean, appointed just as one expects from a Marriott. The downside of the room was a lack of outlets. They have a business desk in the room, but no outlets. I plugged my phone charger in behind the drapes and that was easier said than done. It also took over 30 minutes to get the car out of valet. We were entertained people watching, but had we had plans that would have been unacceptable. Every employee we saw was friendly.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the lack of plugs in the room. Well, the valet parking retrieval wasn't ideal, but....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnsonevv
Elyria, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Right downtown, within walking distance of the power and light district. The bar is a nice way to relax in the evening. Wonderfully large and well equipped concierge area. All staff are extraordinarily service oriented. Go to the valet desk and order a car to the airport--same price as a taxi but much nicer!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business