“Nice”

Ranked #21 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Millington, Tennessee
“Nice”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here as part of conference.

The rooms were well maintained and the staff was friendly. The conference included all meals, and we were never disappointed at the quality and taste of the selections.

The hotel is close to a few attractions; however, I did not personally venture out to take advantage.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. Thanks for choosing the Kansas City Marriott Downtown!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
SLC
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I wanted to like this hotel, I really did.
Sadly it just didn't quite make it.
Upon checking in, The desk staff seemed inconvenienced that I had arrived and broken up their down time. I had to pull each Marriott Reward benefit from the staff -none were initially offered, I had to ask for it all. The room was not bad -sizable and comfortable but in need of some deeper cleaning.
Interesting that this hotel would actively solicit Tripadvisor reviews via a sticker on the bathroom mirror, while that same mirror reflects a shower with mold on the tile grout.
I had two room service meals and both were a disappointment. The ribs were tough as nails!
I'll look elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rusty M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I will address your concerns with my team and use your feedback to make improvements in those areas. If you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail, please phone me directly at 816-855-4407. I hope that should you visit Kansas City again, you will give us the chance to show you how great we can be. Thank you, Valerie Minner, Rooms Division Director.
arkansastraveler74
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a great place to stay in Kansas City. The lobby and bar have recently been remodeled. The bar has really cool little private area with couches and private TV's that you and your group can enjoy. The TV's are REALLY small, but it is a great space anyway.

The rooms are your typically Marriott room. They are nice sized. The beds are comfortable and the towels are nice. Excellent views as well.

They have a nice parking garage that you can self park. We ate the breakfast buffet. There were lots of choices. I would say the food was average. There is a nice omelet bar and fresh fruit.

Overall it is a great place to stay. We will stay again! Everyone was so nice. Everywhere we turned around the staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
We are very pleased you enjoyed our Midwest hospitality during your stay at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown! We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kansas City!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was a bit disappointed with the room at the Downtown KC Marriott. The bed was not very comfortable and the sheer drapes did not keep out the morning sun (after a late night New Year's Eve, it would have been nice to sleep in). I was also disappointed that there was no mini frig in the room. However, the view looking south towards the Music Hall was very nice and the staff was cordial.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you mentioned. I will address your concerns with my team and use your feedback to improve to our guest rooms.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location is great. It's a short walk to P&L District and many other restaurants. The don't have free breakfast, which at this price level, they should. They do have a restaurant in which you can get breakfast though. On a gameday Sunday, the lobby is filled with fun, out-of-town football fans.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown! I am happy to hear you found our great location and restaurant to your liking! We look forward to serving your travel needs again should you return to the Kansas City area!
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice for the Chiefs Game, it's walking distance to Power & Light, Cab fare to Arrowhead is fair.
Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, views are excellent..I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the Downtown KC experience

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us while attending the Kansas City Chiefs game! Hope to see you return again soon! Safe Travels!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My title makes it sound like a bad hotel. Its not...it was clean, quiet, staff were nice. But the coffee was just awful. The first day I was handed a cup and the oil slick on top just turned my stomach. It was slightly better in the kiosk than the restaurant but if you are looking for a reason to give up coffee, this is it. And in the frigid cold and early hours the only viable alternative was Latteland down several blocks which opened at 6am.
And outlets. I was in a room in the Tower. There was an outlet under the desk with stuff plugged into it, and one near the tv which at least had a free socket. Nothing at all near the bed or on the other walls. A normal business traveler or anyone with multiple electronics should come equipped with extension cords. I travel with two, and needed both.
The staff as noted above is very nice but checking out was a scene from dumb and dumber. Three desk staff could not give a consistent story of how my charges related to the holds put on my charge card, nor could they tell me when the holds would be released. Then the manager charged in and really gave me a real bs explanation. It was suggested to me that all the holds added to all the restaurant charges was my total but it was fine because it all zeroed out. Geez. I must have looked dumber than they were. I gave up torturing them and left. I travel all the time, and can read a hotel bill, but the average person would have been mystified by the accounting, just like the desk staff were.
I would stay here again. But only because the windows open.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements to our front desk experience and also in our coffee outlet. I hope that should you visit Kansas City again, you will give us the chance to show you how great we can be!