“Great location & service”

Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Jacksonville, FL
“Great location & service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference this past weekend. I can not think of a time I walked by an employee and wasn't greeted. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Hats off to Polly - one of the bartenders in the main lobby - she earned a Trip Advisor Service Excellence pin for her outstanding customer service. Although the others were great ( Leo especially!) Polly was very intuitive and consistently exceeded our expectations. She remained cool under pressure and didn't miss a beat.
The rooms were very nice and clean. We stayed in the adjacent tower.
The city was very accessible from this location - walking distance to the Power and Light District (a must visit on a pleasant evening).
Very good breakfast buffet - cooked to order omelets and waffles!

Room Tip: We stayed in 271 - very clean - quiet - no view at all - just the adjacent rooftop. Get a room facin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your recent visit at Kansas City Marriott Downtown. I am delighted that your conference was at our hotel and that you found the facility comfortable and near many local attractions. I will share your wonderful comments about our staff and the hotel to everyone. We look forward to being your host hotel again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice and big place to have a conference but let me warn you the old tower that's part shut down is the worst smelling building I have ever been in.. The hotel smelled old and moldy and my room smelled like cat pee. My friend had to deal with a broken lock on her door which required maintenance to show up at 11:00 at night to repair the door. The food prepared by the hotel was just eh... this place needs to step it up, badly!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaycee D
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. If you get a moment can you please contact me at 816-421-6800 to further discuss your recent stay.

Lakebay, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great room - quiet; clean and very comfortable bed. Staff was extremely courteous. Quick and accurate check in and check out service. If you had a puzzled look on your face staff quickly came up to see how they could assist. Great lunch for conference. Conference rooms were well set up and hotel staff was quick to respond to any requests. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bob w
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that enjoyed you enjoyed your room accommodations and your Conference experience at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. If your travels bring you back to Kansas City we look forward to being your host hotel again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

While it is seldom that I have to write a negative review of Marriott, this has to be the one. Very nicely located near convention center for a conference. Rooms was normal with plenty of room to hang out. BUT...internet was super slow if available. And upon finding out I was on the tenth floor, i figured that to be a plus; however, the elevators was horribly slow. Ten minute wait is not right. Plus the lobby area was very loud due to the number of people who were intoxicated early in the evening.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your visit with us. In your comments you mentioned there was a delay with the elevators and the internet was slow. We are currently upgrading our elevators so they will be more quick and efficient and I have notified the appropriate management about the Internet connection. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with these concerns. We strive for 100% satisfaction and we did not meet that with you. I am pleased that you liked the location of the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at 816-421-6800.

Taylors
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Was part of a Navy Returning Warrior Workshop.

Negatives: king bed room doesn't have fridge and elevators sometimes took 3-4 min to arrive.

Positives: conference and wait staff couldn't have been more helpful, going out of their way to be friendly and helpful; food including meals and snacks was incredible; room was exceptionally comfortable and quiet; room service was prompt and superb; views were extraordinary; space was easy to use for the conference; front desk staff were highly professional and were trying their best to see how else they could serve.

I highly recommend this hotel. Positives make this a 4.75 THANK YOU MARRIOTT

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit at our property. We enjoyed your group and it was a pleasure to host it at our Hotel. We appreciate all the wonderful comments and we will share them with our staff.
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times and this has by far been my worst experience. The rooms are ok and plenty big for a business trip. However, the internet was intolerably slow for the $10 I paid. Not good for business travelers. My key card never worked for the parking garage creating unnecessary hassles to come and go. Very disappointed. Time for a new place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the internet and with your key to leave our parking garage. I can understand that this was very frustrating for you and I truly apologize. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and would like to be able to correct it. If you have a moment to discuss it further, please feel free to contact me at 816-421-6800.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Friendly staff, well-maintained hotel w/ an excellent fitness center. Be sure to walk through the KC landmark Meuhlbach which is part of the hotel complex. One wish- water pressure was extremely low, could it be increased?

Green Features: A subterfuge for save Marriott money as is a standard for their hotels.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your review and so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Engineering Department can look at the water pressure in the rooms and determine if it can be adjusted. When your travels bring you back to our hotel just let us know and we can assist making sure the water pressure is satisfactory for you. Thank you again.