“Older room, same price”

Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #21 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
“Older room, same price”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Older room in other hotel tower.Very poor directions. Hot room, they worked on ac but it still wasn't very good. Bar prices not given, glass of Very Bad Hot red wine $16! Choose it because of pool on top floor But it was so Stuffy you couldn't breathe let alone stay & swim.Most likely won't return.

• Stayed May 2014
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay and that your room was not to your liking. We are in the process of renovating several areas of the hotel and will be working on the guest rooms soon. We appreciate your feedback as we rely on it to know where we can improve. I will pass on your comments to the appropriate management. Thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great hotel with clean rooms, but the concierge lounge here is huge!

The evening and breakfast spread in the lounge definitely goes the extra mile compared to other properties.

The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. I will definitely go back here on my return to Kansas City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the concierge lounge it is one of the most popular features of our property and we are very proud of it. We look forward to serving you again when you return to Kansas City.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for a week at the downtown Marriot in June. Our room was in the older section which is the old Muelbach which is connected by a bridge walkway to the newer section. Room was clean and service was excellent. The elevators in the new section were terribly slow and very noisy. The charge for parking was too much per day and a higher charge for valet on top of that. Security on the Mulebach side was invisible. I saw a security person twice during the week and never at night. The location is great and getting around downtown was very easy. Not a bad stay but not great either.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing a street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit. I am delighted that you liked your room accommodations and the service was excellent. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the delay in the elevators. We are currently upgrading them to be more quick and efficient and this will be completed soon. The parking at the hotel is contracted out and this is an additional charge. Our Security staff is present in both towers 24/7 and might have been on a call. The Safety and Security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us. I will share your comments with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in the Kansas City Marriott Downtown recently. It was typical of a Marriott.
Great location if you are in town for an event at the convention center. What impressed me
most was young lady, Nikky, in Guest Services.
It was almost time for me to speak to a large audience and I was in need of 36' of cording or something comparable. She looked everywhere from the gift shop to the loading dock and
solved my problem in record time. This is the kind of service that makes my KC trip memorable.
Thanks, Nikky.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel, but most of all recognizing one of our associates. We will share your very kind comments about her to all of our staff. We look forward to being your host hotel again when you return to Kansas City.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the downtown Marriott when attending a convention. The Marriott consists of two hotels connected by a skywalk. My room was a suite in the older hotel. The suite was nice and spacious although it was quite a.walk from the check In desk. Overall, the facility is nice and I. A great location, .close to.good.dining and music.

Room Tip: Suite with city view in old.hotel
1 Thank sjdif
Thank you for you review of the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. We appreciate you staying with us for your convention. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the great location. We look forward to your next trip to Kansas City.
New Mexico
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Lavish lobby, pleasing decor. Staff is professional and friendly. Large groups seem to be present due to the proximity to the KC Convention center. Good little restaurants and a Central Market/ Whole Foods type market is a of easy walking blocks away. The hotel restaurant is great, but be careful if you order anything 'barbecue'. They put a large amount of sauce on it (even salmon). Maybe ask for your sauce on the side. My filet was cooked perfectly, and I had the buffet lunch the following day. Great value on the buffet $15, and was quick and easy to get back to our meetings on time. I used room service for breakfast, and it was delivered on time and everything was perfect both times. The larger crowds are dismissed at the same time and wander over to the hotel together - which causes a line to form at the elevators. I was on the 21st floor, with a glorious view. Rooms were nicely appointed, bed super comfortable, good sized desk, couch and chair, but strange - no refrigerator?! Hairdryer supplied by hotel was very low wattage, and would not have dried my hair. Plush robes are supplied, an iron and ironing board, and I appreciated having a safe in my room.

Room Tip: I was on the 21st floor, directly below the gym. The thudding of the treadmill from early morning...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for all the nice comments about our rooms and food and beverage areas. Also thank you for your feedback about refrigerators and the hair dryers in the room. We are planning on placing a refrigerator in every room in the near future and I will personally share your comments about the hair dryer with the appropriate management. Thank you again and I hope if your travels bring you back to Kansas City that you will give us the chance to serve you again.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Even though the rooms may have seemed a little old and outdated, the service made up for it. There is an "indoor" pool on the roof along with a great work out room. The breakfast for elite members was great with salmon locks every morning and the evening snacks were delicious and plentiful. The hotel is also in a great downtown location close to everything. You can also take a bus to anywhere you need to go, make sure you try the BBQ while you are in town.

Room Tip: The southern exposure is more scenic than the north
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you very much for the very nice comments about your recent stay. I am delighted you liked the location of the hotel and that our staff gave you authentic hospitality. Thank you for your loyalty for being a Marriott Rewards member and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food in our Concierge Lounge. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.