“Business Travel Must Stay”

Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #21 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Business Travel Must Stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

If you are traveling to KC for any reason and want to be close to the "Power and Light" district, you're easily within a block's walking distance from that, the Midland venue, and a easy quick access to the main interstate. The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby/lounge/bar area is really nice. Much better than other Marriott properties I've seen. The service is top notch, anything you need anyone there is willing to jump to your aid. Any time I'm staying in the downtown area, I'm staying at the KC Marriott.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 12th street side you have a much nicer view of the courtyard and downto...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so close to many local attractions such as the Midland Theatre, Power and Light and the Sprint Center. I am pleased that you like our location to these venues and that you found it to be very easy access to the interstates. Our staff is always wanting to be top notch and I am glad that they assisted you with any of your requests. Thank you for being loyal to the Marriott and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went to KC for a conference. Hotel had many of the participants. The room was so comfortable. The service was great. My one complaint was the elevators which were challenged by the many people trying to go up and down all at the same time. Overall a great place to stay while attending a conference in KC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our service and the hotel when you were here for a conference. We are currently upgrading our elevators to be more quick and efficient. With this project there is one elevator out of service, which at times can be inconvenient when we are at full occupancy. I truly apologize for the delay that you experienced with trying to get to and from your guest room floor. I appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.
Warren
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Strike 1 crummy cable, strike 2 crummy A/C, strike 3 $22 parking. Save yourself >$100 and stay at airport Marriott instead. Otherwise clean and nice property is ruined by many serious flaws. Could not sleep a wink due to sink down mattress, thick hard pillows and barely working air conditioning. No history chan, a&e, Nat Geo, spike, syfy, u get idea, might as well have rabbit ears on side of tv. It's 2014 Marriott wake up, for $250 a night you can spring for HD cable. No Marriott elite recog at check in, had to ask if there was a lounge, then my key wouldn't let me in. Mgr. is unfortunately asleep at the wheel here, could be a 5 star property... :-(

• Stayed August 2014
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I can assure you that what you described is not the norm and I am so sorry that we did not meet or exceed your expectations at our property. I would like to speak to you further about your stay with us. At your convenience please contact me at 816-421-6800.

Beth Muehlhauser
Director of Loss Prevention & VIP Services
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Marriott hotel was perfect. The rooms were clean, the staff was quick and efficient and very courteous. It's a walk away from the convention center. The bar in the lobby has great drinks and even better food. The beds and pillows are comfortable. It's probably a mile away from the power and light district. I definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Kansas City!

• Stayed August 2014
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We appreciate your comments and that you thought the Kansas City Marriott Downtown was perfect for you. I am pleased that you liked your room accommodations and the location of the hotel. It is so close to the Convention Center and a couple of blocks from the Power & Light District. Bar Central is a great socializing area and I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the food and the drinks. Thank you for recommending our hotel.
Beaver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Downtown Marriott, Kansas City, MO hosted a national conclave of my college fraternity (DU) recently. Every aspect was world class and high end. I've rarely been so pampered and accommodated by every staff and manager I encountered. I'm not just sugar coating it to be nice. I am not a difficult hotel patron, but I can be discerning about comfort and amenities. The lobbies were beautiful and elegently decorated. We brought close to 500 guests and required a variety of meeting rooms from large banquet to intimate corporate gatherings. I didn't observe one glitch. Two banquet room luncheons rivaled any sophisticated dinner presentations. It's hard to say that the formal dinner was any better by comparison, but just the same it was over the top from the menu to the service to tableware to linens to the Hollywood style production values for the program presentation and speakers. Honestly, it blew my sox off. Highest marks all around.

Room Tip: There's a main tower with the most elegant lobbies and amenities and also an annex tower across...
Green Features: Did not observe environmentally-friendly practices, though I expect they exist. I was too busy enjoying the plush surroundings.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for allowing the Kansas City Marriott Downtown to host your conference. Your group was great to work with and we thoroughly enjoyed being a Brilliant host to all of your attendees. I am so delighted that you enjoyed the property for your meetings and your meal functions. It made me smile when you wrote "Knocked my sox off in Kansas City". I will share your very nice comments about your formal dinner will all of our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and when your conference comes back to Kansas City we look forward to being your host hotel again.
Iowa
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was in KCMO for a conference and this hotel was chosen for me. It was very comfortable, right across the street from the conference centre and quite lovely. The buffet was very good, had excellent choices for all of us with special dietary requirements including celiac disease, beef and pork avoidance, and vegan/vegetarian. The staff were so friendly and the facilities very clean. The gym on the 22nd floor has a great view of the fountain and park plus the nearby buildings. Great place to stay and I'd definitely come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the fountain. It's lovely. The other side of the hotel is facing...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding your recent visit to our property. I am so glad your conference chose the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. Our Chefs and our servers are on top of our guests dietary needs and I am glad that you thought the choices you had were excellent. Our Fitness Center does have great views of the city and the Convention Center across from the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on July 25, 2014. We were in town for a Royals game and also wanted to check out the College Basketball Experience at the Sprint Center (which is a short walk from the hotel). We arrived in KC around 3pm (check in time) and only one of our two rooms was ready. It ended up not being a big deal as we were heading out anyway, but just be aware. The associate did say that she would call housekeeping and put a rush on it. The hallways are dark and dated, but the rooms were bright and spacious. I did not have issues with the wi-fi as some others stated but I was pleasantly surprised that they had a free option at a full service Marriott. The self parking was convenient in a garage under the hotel (for $16/night), but we had issues using our key to get out and since it is not manned and I did not want to pay twice, I had to park, go back upstairs, wait in line and ask for another key. Our friends used the pool and said it was average other than it was on a high floor which the kids thought was cool. We had a nice view from our room. My main gripe would be the elevators. They were EXTREMELY slow so were also very crowded and VERY hot. They could definitely use a fine tuning. Otherwise a decent stay at a decent hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with trying to leave our parking garage and with our guest elevators. We are currently upgrading our elevators to be more quick and efficient. This project is ongoing and does take a lot of time, but we are looking forward to the new system. We try to have several room types available at 3 pm for our guests check in, but there are times that we get in a pinch and one of the room types might not be available. I am pleased that the agent mentioned that she could put a rush on your room. The parking information is very important and I will make sure we are communicating this effectively to our guests. Again my apologies for your inconvenience. I hope that you had a great weekend at the Royals game and the College Basketball Experience. If your travels bring you back to Kansas City we hope that you will stay with us again.