I have been staying at this hotel for years, the location is wonderful overlooking the famed Country Club Plaza, modeled after Seville, Spain. the Spanish and Moorish deisgn is site to be seen. In fact, seeing it from your room, a restaurant, pool area or the Concierge Lounge is wonderful. The interior is rich, classic and full of old world charm. The lounge and restaurant area on the main floor is a great place to sit and relax in one of the many sitting areas/nooks. The valet, bell staff, concierge, front desk are super friendly and attentive. I have held several Birthday, Baby & Bridal Shower Teas from the 12th floor overlooking the Plaza and they have been very special and have created lifetime memories. The service, food preparation, set up etc, were flawless each time. We particuarily enjoy the Concierge Lounge which does offer hors d'oerves, drinks and a fantastic continental breakfast. ( Best Value). In addition, you have the services of the Concierge Staff to tend to any request or advice you may need. I, too like other reviewers wish the internet was complimentary. (Concierge Lounge does have a complimentary computer terminal) however, I am used to paying for this service in many upscale hotels and for the price I get at the Kansas City Intercontinental, I can live with the cost. It is the only place I will stay at on the Plaza, it is by far superior to any other hotel in KC area.
The Non View Suite is my favorite and if you book an adjoining Classic bedroom its makes a great option if you need 2 rooms, It is larger than Plaza View Suite and feels like an apartment. The suite includes Concierge access and the adjoining room works great for kids or another couple. It does not have an indoor pool but the outdoor pool in season is spectacular, with multiple seating areas and very large pool with outdoor poolside bar. As with any hotel, you may occasionally have a problem, however if you do they handle it quickly and effciently- this is a sign of an excellent management and they feel like extended famiy. My favorite place to stay in USA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance amidst Kansas City's finest in shopping and dining, the InterContinental Kansas City at the Country Club Plaza is the destination for leisure and business travel. The hotel completed a very extensive renovation in March 2017, giving a contemporary feel to a landmark hotel in Kansas City's premier location for shopping, dining, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City