The only positive thing about my stay was the very nice lady who checked me in. She graciously gave me a nicer room because a problem guest rudely interrupted during my check in.
1. The front door is not one of those automatic sliding doors. When I arrived, despite two employees standing out front chatting, no one helped open the door while I lugged my heavy bag in.
2. I ordered room service at 4:00 am (I was up early for a road race). The server stated there were no other orders at that time, yet forgot one of two breakfast items. And charged me for it. When you're running a 31 mile race you kind of need your morning fuel. No answer when I called back. Super nice guy tho.
3. When I arrived there was half a roll of TP. I assumed there was backup somewhere. Nope.
4. I returned from running 31 miles up and down hills in the hot sun just before 4:00. My room was not made up. The front desk said they had until 5:00 pm. I really really wanted to shower and change and use the bathroom. I asked him to just send toilet paper and towels asap and we could skip the cleaning. He said he would send them right away to quickly clean. Fine. I sat on the balcony waiting for this quick clean to occur. The housekeeper didn't speak English, was saying something I didn't understand, then got angry and walked off. Next a supervisor-type shows up, very nice, and asked if I wanted my room cleaned. It was well after 5:00 and I told her that all I wanted was toilet paper and towels. Both were thrown on the sink counter and finally left.
The location is convenient to shopping and dining at the plaza. If you're running a race at Theis Park, it's an easy 10-15 minute walk. I probably won't stay again since the staff caused anxiety before and after an important race.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance amidst Kansas City's finest in shopping and dining, the InterContinental Kansas City at the Country Club Plaza is the destination for leisure and business travel. The hotel completed a very extensive renovation in March 2017, giving a contemporary feel to a landmark hotel in Kansas City's premier location for shopping, dining, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City