InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
US$150
US$117
US$89
ComfortInn
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$85
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$279
US$268
Priceline
1,684 results
All reviewsconcierge floorcraig walterreubenfront deskchristmas lightsclub levelhappy hourthe entire staffself parkingoakloungeplazaalamedavaletbalconiesbellmanconference
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting family. The outside areas of the hotel are well maintained, as well as the inside. I love the complimentary lemonade in the lobby. After check in, we proceeded to our room. It was smaller than expected, and we had hardly any room for a roll away bed. We also stayed on the concierge level, which included access to the lounge. It was not bad, and not great, but just okay. It was very small and had very limited food selection and alcohol was only complimentary in the evening for only a few hours. As a loyal ritz traveler, I find the Ritz's club lounge product better, but the one at intercontinental is still a good perk. Room service was again good, not great. Employees were wonderful. As stated in a few earlier reviews, you do need to walk a long way to the rooms. Overall, it was a good stay and I would only recommend staying for 1-3 nights.

Room Tip: Plaza view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and thank you for posting your constructive feedback on Trip Advisor.

We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be wonderful! We're also glad you enjoyed the complimentary lemondade we serve every afternoon in the lobby.

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

You have to walk miles to your room. The rooms all have balconies and are huge. The sofa in my room was very ols and the fabric torn Bathroom was old with shower curtains! Breakfast room was sunny and the food is very good. Would consider staying there again if I could not find anything better in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

We're glad you enjoyed the size of your guestroom, your private balcony and the dining experience in the Oak Room.

It was surprising and disappointing to read your comments about having to walk miles to get to your room. With only 366 guestrooms, the hotel is not overly spread out. I have never received this comment before, but do apologize if it was inconvenient for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I consider myself to be a "value traveler". My expectations from a $250 a night hotel are much different than an $80 a night hotel. That said, we had a nice stay at the KC Intercontinental this weekend but I would consider it an average value at the price ($240/night + taxes). Some of the service I received was excellent (the head valet offered me a bottle of water at the valet stand as I returned from a morning run), while other was just mediocre: at bedtime, we waited 30+ minutes for a blanket from housekeeping after calling twice. Both I and another travelling companion had to return to the front desk multiple times to get functioning key cards (we were told once that sometimes "you just have to jiggle the handle"). There were no clean towels at the pool for an hour or more in the late afternoon on Saturday. None of these are reasons not to stay at this nice hotel but also are not the type of issues I would expect at a four- or five-star hotel which is why I am giving three stars overall.

The rooms were nice with great views of the plaza but the bathrooms were just average. They could have been more functional for a family with a door separating the commode from the vanity. Dirty caulking in the shower was not a deal-breaker but also not indicative of a five-star hotel which I believe is what the IC strives to be.

On another note, I usually travel solely for pleasure, rarely for business, and so feel more acutely when I have to pay for items that I would normally expect to be covered. Wireless internet is available for free in the lobby (but I was not able to get it at the pool) but costs $11.95 a day in the room. Parking is $15 a day as well. I realize this tends to be the industry standard but it rubs me the wrong way. I never have understood the long-distance phone calls for $11.00 for the first minute.

I should mention that the outdoor pool area is very nice on a sunny day and has plenty of room for lounging, sitting and relaxing. Definitely an enjoyable aspect of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the plaza have nice-sized balconies with a table and chairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SciGuyMrD

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for posting your experience on Trip Advisor.

We're glad you enjoyed your room, the service provided by our staff and our outdoor pool.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in delivering extra pillows to your room and for the problems you experience with the electronic key.

Please know the charges we provide for all services is very competitive in the market place.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Check in was friendly and quick. Room was very clean and the furniture was in good condition. Nice balcony with a view of the nearby Plaza. Parking garage was easy to manuever, although the $15 charge is a little steep in my opinion. This hotel is only about a 15 minute drive to Kauffman stadium which was the purpose of our stay. Overall we had a great stay and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review and for recommending our hotel to others. We appreciate that!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Staff is terrific, from the front door to every corner of the building. Training must be continual and an important part of company culture. The property is in a great location, and highly recommend the Concierge floor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. Service is everything!

We'll look forward to serving you again in the near future.