Hotel is very gracious, comfortable, and beautiful. Ritz-Carlton level in look, feel, comfort in the common areas and rooms. Marble bathrooms were nice.
Lounge and Oak Room had great service.
Location by the Plaza shops was good.
Front desk- Michael was very friendly and helpful. A different front desk person pointed me to Loose Park, nearby, a nice historic and large park where I took a great run/walk.
Food was very very good. Loved the crabcake in the lounge.
Lobby offers a nice table of citrus water or lemonade during the day and good coffee in the morning.
Service was a little off-- does not live up to the "Ritz-Carlton" type promise of the hotel's look, feel and general demeanor. In terms of bell staff, I arrived late (around 10:30) and no one was there to assist, open door, etc. Another time on my way back, a woman bell person with red hair was very unfriendly. Most of the other times I left or entered there were no bell staff present at all.
I was there 2 nights. On the last day, I ordered room service for 5:30 am (using the card you put on your door the night before) as a car was picking me up at 6 for the airport. My timing was really tight. By 5:32 it still wasn't there. Called room service, no answer. Called the front desk. Thankfully, it was Michael again (who had handled my check in previously.) He called room service and said they would be right up. Eventually they showed up 10-12 minutes late and I had to waste time on the phone trying to find out their whereabouts. Normally 10 minutes or so isn't a big deal but I was really on a schedule and have never had a problem at any other hotel with timely room service.
Heard some sirens and the sound of a truck backing up at 5 am the first morning from my room on 7th floor. Not the hotel's fault but just a heads up. I did have a nice view of a river or creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City