InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
US$165
US$150
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$90
ComfortInn
US$112
US$94
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$272
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$132
US$267
US$204
Agoda.com
1,685 results
All reviewsconcierge floorcraig walterreubenfront deskchristmas lightsclub levelhappy hourthe entire staffself parkingoakloungeplazaalamedavaletbalconiesbellmanconference
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was in KC for short business trip with brief time to spend exploring. the location of the hotel was a perfect fit. Very efficient and friendly staff. Rooms are pleasant and comfortable, modest amenities but everything you need. Hotel seems to be popular with events so it was a bit busier in the main areas of the hotel for the larger group gatherings.

Room Tip: higher floors with a view of the river and plaza from the tower are nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We're very glad you found our associates to be efficient and friendly, and that you were comfortable in your guestroom.

Please stay with us again the next time you are in town. Hopefully you'll be able to do more exploring as KC really does have a lot to offer.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Upgraded to a premium room. Could not sleep because of loud music until late night on floor above and hotel ran out of food at the "free" breakfast. They tout service but only deliver apologies. That is sad because their personnel wants to deliver good service.. They should not even sell the rooms impacted by rock bands and their staff gives lip service only to that proposition..

Room Tip: Avoid premium rooms--it is a rip off.. This is a very nosey hotel and the free breakfast is not worth it even if they do not run out of food. Where unable to replenish due to shortages in hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gigi98
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies. I am anxious to learn more details so we may make the needed corrections. If you would like to give us the opportunity to learn more and to make amends, please contact me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

After staying at several other higher end KC Hotels and being quite disappointed my wife booked us at the Intercontinental. WOW over the top++++++++++++++++. So I'm not becoming a crotchety old man that expects too much :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We're so glad to learn that after trying some of the other hotels in the area, you gave us a try and enjoyed the "WOW" experience!

We certainly hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town. If I may do anything to serve you at that time, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I would like to graciously thank hotel manager Don Breckenridge for attending to my special request so outstandingly! I was there to see my son for the first time since last July when he left to serve in Afghanistan. Don was attentive, accommodating, and immediately responsive to my needs. He is an asset to your hotel. I would also like to give a shout out to Kent, the most lovely gentleman I have ever met in a concierge environment. He briefed my husband and I on the history and architecture of Kansas City, told us delightful stories, and was the most courteous and thoughtful individual I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in concierge. Thanks to these two professionals our experience at your hotel was supreme!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn L

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to learn your weekend with your son was everything you hoped it would be! We know how much you were looking forward to it. A very special time indeed!

Thank you for you generous feedback. We will be sure to share your comments with Kent, along with our thanks for taking such good care of you.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Overall: A great hotel in an excellent location. I would stay here again.

First Impression: Friendly staff and very clean lobby.

Suite: Very well maintained room. I liked that the bar area was separate from the room.

Location: There are a variety of restaurants within a short walking distance from the hotel. There was also an abundance of shopping within walking distance as well. I really liked the river walkway. A nice was to start the day by walking along the river.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

We appreciate you letting us know you were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and your guestroom.

We're glad you were able to enjoy the Country Club Plaza and all it has to offer. It really is Kansas City's crown jewel. With all the restaurants, boutiques and night spots, it offers something for everyone.

We will look forward to your next stay with us!