Mr. Bill Carter, GM
The Raphael Hotel & Chaz` Restaurant
325 Ward Parkway, KCMO 64112
Dear Mr. Carter,
Mr. Carter, thanks to you, our accommodations and room 802 was perfect! From The Chaz` to the Hotel, every associate WOWED us again! What a joy to share another great anniversary getaway at the beautiful Raphael Hotel and our fine dining experiences at The Chaz` Restaurant. The Sunday night deal is the deal of deals, but it’s your incredible staff that keeps us returning. What makes our experiences so wonderful is knowing the second we arrive, we will be treated like kings and queens. With the pride and the passion that every Raphael employee exhibits, it’s obvious they have been given hands on, meticulously detailed training. I made sure every staff person was told how Mr. Carter had gone out of his way to make our stay one we will always remember. The positive comments I received proved great respect and admiration for you and your outstanding management leadership.
But have to say, making my initial reservations was a bit of a stretch. And if I could humbly make a suggestion, do away with transferring the reservation calls! My call to the hotel was first sent to somewhere at the Autograph headquarters and the man I spoke with barely spoke English. I asked to be transferred back to the Raphael location and he was very short and said he would take my reservations. So I just hung up. I had to look up your card to get the direct number. I hope that the system of sending calls to another location and to folks that just aren’t Raphael material hasn’t caused any loss of business.
At the moment of our arrival smiling Rick greeted us, helped us with our luggage, and made us feel like home folks. Our check was smooth and the phone follow up making sure our room was perfect was most considerate. We made sure that entertainer/waiter extraordinaire Josh Minnis was ready for us on Saturday night and Douglin Scmidt was set for Sunday night. We told Rick that we had to get another dose of Josh just to make our anniversary perfect! We got the perfect table for quiet romance and please tell David, not only was the meal fabulous but Josh’s entertainment was free!
We were very pleased to meet Chef Charles d’Ablain! Sorry we weren’t ablt to tour the kitchen but know Valintine’s was crazy good!
The beautiful table cloths, classy flatware and creative plates, precise wine stemware, to the chilled salad plates, not one detail was overlooked. Hats off again to Chef Charles d'Ablaing! Maybe our next visit we can tour the kitchen and meet the rest of the culinary staff.
Both nights my wife’s entrée’s were right on! Saturday Cheri loved the salmon and Sunday night the Sea Bass. Cheri says I am boring but loved the strip steaks both nights. The sides were masterfully paired and the desserts were spot on! Please be assured, we have done our part and will continue to tell others about the beautiful Raphael and the wonderful fine dining experience that awaits you at The Chaz Restaurant. Most of all, the fun from one who knows how to make you laugh, a good dose of Josh cures any ailing attitude!~
The one hour message from Laura and Jenny was the best we have ever had. We will request them again next year.
Devoted and thoroughly satisfied customers,
Woody and Cheri Woodward
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City