We had a Bed and Breakfast Package and stayed for two days to see the Plaza Christmas lights. I'm a very fussy reviewer so here goes:
The Chaz restaurant in the hotel. Pricy but worth every penny. Food quality was excellent and the wait service was top notch. I was very impressed.
The hotel staff was also top notch and really wanted to make sure that their guests have a very enjoyable stay.
The in room single serve non-decalf coffee was delicious. The TV was a large screen HD model.
Hotel Location, location, location. It's a wonderful location for seeing the Plaza Christmas lights and going Plaza shopping.. Suites are quite large and the bed was very comfortable.
Commendable: Free Internet and free covered parking.
So so: The elevator was small and very slow. It really needed a remodel or a good scrubbing. Maybe that should be expected since the hotel is, shall we say, vintage. Room service was a bit slow but the room service food quality was worth the wait. Internet was slow in the early morning but fine in the evening.
Issues: Our first evening there was a loud, possibly drunken, open door to the hall party going on in the suite next door around 8 pm disturbing most of our floor. Finally the hotel staff, somewhat reluctantly, sent up an enforcer to quiet it down.
One lamp in our suite, in a key room location, had a broken switch and the lamp never worked. We notified the maid with a note the next day and the lamp was removed but no replacement was forthcoming. The bathtub fixtures were slightly loose. Hot water was not hot hot, just marginally hot enough for a shower. The camode had to be flushed several times. This is not what I expected to find in an expensive hotel.
Staying here was a good overall experience and far better than staying in some big box chain hotel. The highlight for us was the hotel location, restaurant quality and the truly great hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City