“Great Location but Lacking in Customer Service”

Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location but Lacking in Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is located just 5 minutes from Worlds of Fun, so close that you can hear the screams from the rollercoasters when you are in the hotel parking lot. For this reason, it was the perfect hotel for us. I was not feeling well on the day we visited Worlds of Fun, so I was able to easily leave the park, rest in the hotel, and return later on without any hassle.

Customer service is definitely lacking here. The rooms were clean, comfortable and stocked, but the breakfast area is another story. The tables were dirty, the trash can overflowing and the food not stocked. It appeared that there was only one person running the breakfast area which was probably the issue. While the front desk personnel were cordial, they were not warm and friendly. They just did not seem interested at all. Not rude, just not really mentally present.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Shelia O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I would like to take a moment to say thank you for your feedback. I want to personally say that I am sorry for our customer service lacking. We strive to give the best service possible all day everyday. I do hope that if your travel brings you back this way that you will give us another try. Again I do sincerely apologize for our service not being up to your expectations.

Shelia, Devon, Noah, James, Justin, Michaela, and Jake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Valley, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Specifically asked for a non smoking room as out child has asthma, room stated non smoking but there were 3 ashtrays and a book of matches in the room. Chair had a huge stain and 2 towels had long hair stuck to them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Shelia O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I am truly sorry that your stay with us was not up to standards. I checked into your reservation and found that you made it through our central reservations. I do not understand why they would put you in a smoking room when you specifically requested non smoking. We have taken care of the stain on the chair and the hair on the towels, We are truly sorry for missing it upon your early arrival. I have refunded your stay for the one night. I do hope that you will give us another try if your travel brings you back to Kansas City.

Shelia, Devon, James, Justin, Noah and Jake
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have been staying at this property since they opened. It is always very clean and has a friendly staff with a great breakfast offering. If you are staying for business it is convenient to the highway and easy to get to anywhere in the city you are traveling to. It is a great value for the price paid and you always receive the same consistent service evry time I stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel was very close to the World Of Fun; maybe seven minutes aways. The free breakfast was pretty good and the rooms were excellent and very clean. The swimming pool was average size but the young people in the pool did not mind the closeness. What I was impressed about was the noise level from the pool, the area was very quiet even though the young people in the pool were quite noisy. The staff of the hotel were just excellent. One of my students realized when we return to our city that they had lost their wallet. I decided to check with the hotel (two days later) and they had the wallet and was returning it to us. It is nice to find good people around. The only con is the parklot is pretty small. This hotel is about 25-30 minutes from Kansas City. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were equally nice. I reserved 17 rooms with no complaints.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Waverly, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed two nights while in Kansas City, MO and were very pleased with this hotel. It's located right next to Oceans of Fun, plenty of places to eat in the area. The breakfasts were very good, with many choices. Our room was clean. We will definitely come back again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was here for 2 days for a Royals game and I was happy with this hotel. First off, if you're going to World of Fun, it's basically a block away. There's a gas station right down the block so you can get some snacks for the room and keep in the refrigerator. For a quick meal, a Waffle House and Wendy's are right there. I thought my room was clean and the breakfast was pretty good for a free meal. But the service people were great. The one young gentleman at the counter during the morning/afternoon was so pleasant and so helpful. He gave me suggestions and was just really, really nice. The hotel should definitely keep him around.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Hotels by Worlds of Fun are old and somewhat nasty and not well kept. The rooms here are clean and well kept. And you get a good breakfast to boot! The price is decent too. I recommend staying here, if you want to get your value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family