“Very friendly staff.”

Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel was comfortable. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Location for my purpose was excellent, minutes to where I had to be.
Only downside of location was the desk, I had a fair amount of computer work to do daily. Chair was too low and uncomfortable and desk was a bit small for what I needed.
Work out center was good, but needs some maintenance on the weight machine. The handles are busted making them hard to use.
Showers could use an upgrade. Doors are in poor condition and floors of shower squeaky.
Cleaning staff work extremely hard, thanks to the cleaning staff for doing an excellent job.
Overall my stay was very pleasant and would return should my travels bring me back to Kansas City.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was very happy with the service we received during our stay. The lady at the front desk when we arrived was very sweet and helpful. The room was in excellent condition and was very clean. I will definitely use this hotel again, and would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Clean and comfortable accommodations; polite and helpful staff; easy access to highway, gas stations, and food. Definitely top on my list for next business trip to the area. My only complaint is the about the small to-go cups for the coffee. When traveling for business, the bigger the java the better! Nice little patio area as well for when you want to enjoy the weather, and it's separate from the pool area for a little quiet. Then again, I was there during off-season, so good luck during the summer!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Nice place to stay staff friendly. Breakfast excellent. Good location Does not have a hot tub but pool is excellent Easy to get to baseball park for Royals games or to Arrowhead for Chiefs games. Right across from Worlds of Fun

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice hotel. Breakfast was good...alot of variety. Easy location to several spots in kc. Quiet hotel. Pool area was clean...pool not very big and no hot tub. Clean and averahe hotel. Housekeeping staff were friendly and hardworking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

travel to KC couple times a month for business. Hampton has an agreed upon rate for corporate. They refused to honor this rate several times in the last couple months. They stated "When we are down to a certain number of rooms left, we don't have to honor our agreement". I am a Hilton Honors member. This apparently matters only when it is to their advantage. The management is also conveniently "out of town" when I have called and asked for an explanation. I have also left my number and asked to have a manager call me back...still waiting. So how about this Hampton? I'll just stay somewhere else from now on.

Room Tip: Best tip is find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank scott c
Carolyn K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Scott,
I haven't responded to you with a phone call, however, I did respond to your Hilton review. Let me be clear, as this is the second review from you. We have a certain number of rooms that we hold for any severely discounted rate. When that inventory is gone, the room rate reverts to the Best Available Rate for the day. We do not have a contract with the auto auction guaranteeing the auction last room available, we have been honoring the extremely low rate with them as much as we can because they have been loyal to us since we opened. We have never given you poor service, checked you into a dirty room or served your requests differently because of your rate.
Regarding my being CONVENIENTLY gone when you needed to speak to me. I was unavailable because my father suffered two massive strokes and then recently passed away so I have been away from the hotel more than usual. My parents live in the Nebraska panhandle so when I travel there it is not a day trip.
Although I regret that we were unable to meet your needs at our Hampton Inn, I hope you are very happy at the new location of your choice.

Respectively,

Carolyn

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a considerably better stay than I have had in recent years. The rooms were very clean and comfy. I particularly like the down comforter and special note letting me know that the sheets and comforter were cleaned and sanitized.