“Good BBQ with a laid-back atmosphere”
Review of Danny Edwards BBQ

Danny Edwards BBQ
Ranked #98 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lindstrom, Minnesota
“Good BBQ with a laid-back atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch and something different than Jacks, which I love and didn't want to wait to try Oklahoma Joes. Place is in the industrial part of town. I knew it would be great when I entered and smelled the smoke and saw locals eating. Very casual. Enjoyed a cold draft and sliced smoked turkey and beef. Very tender and good. Sauce is on the side but meat was good even without the sauce. Loved the Santa Fe corn. Hubby had the burnt ends, he enjoyed them also. Would recommend and come back.

1 Thank Innga

Wapakoneta, Ohio
“This was great KC BBQ, cannot recommend strongly enough!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We drove from Ohio to watch a baseball game and eat real KC BBQ. We had considered Oklahoma Joe's, but were concerned about wait times. We consulted TripAdvisor and saw Danny Edwards was highly rated. I was slightly concerned because there was no wait (we waited 45 minutes the day before at Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis), but Danny Edwards knocked it out of the park!

Their thick sliced brisket was so tender and juicy, I cut it w/ my fork! Burnt ends were also juicy, but had the extra kick of flavor from additional rub that was added. I really enjoyed the sweet potato fries. The waitresses were extremely friendly and we met Danny too! They were all great people and served great food!

2 Thank oh_maestro
maitland, florida
“Neither One Of Us Liked It We Didn't Even Eat Half Of Our Food.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Neither One Of Us Liked It. We Didn't Even Eat Half Of Our Food.
I had the pork and Pedro had the Brisket. The sauce was peculiar not sweet
they served a pasta salad which was in a strange little plastic taster cup.
They DO NOT have garlic toast OMG how do you eat BBQ without Garlic Toast.
Just plain slices of bread (cheap way to go).
The jambalaya was gross and mushy don't bother ordering it as a side,
We ate all of our fries they were good but for goodness sakes we didn't come to Kansas City for the fries we came for the world class BBQ.
I say save your money (This was $20 plus) and go to another place hint Oklahoma Joe's to die for.

2 Thank mpeacock_10
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We wanted some good bbq on our trip through MO. This place had good reviews and looked nice & casual, so we gave it a shot. We went w/ the ribs, the mexican chili, and homemade coleslaw. The ribs were average both in flavor & meat, which was a slight disappointment since we had our hopes up after hearing about the KC bbq scene. Maybe our expectations were just too high. I also had high hopes for the chili, but it was not what I expected. It'd be really good in the winter, but it was mediocre to us in March. Finally, it was a plus that I could eat the coleslaw since they do more of an Asian slaw and don't use mayo. I can't stand standard mayo-based slaw.

• Visited March 2014
Maryland
“Fantastic Barbeque”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was in town for the weekend and was looking forward to sampling KC Barbeque. First went to Jack Stacks at the plaza, good food. Then I went the following day to Danny Edwards. No contest for me and my 3 friends. Old building, concrete floors and only open for lunch. I am so glad we made it to this old industrial area for some fantastic barbeque, ribs, beef and burnt ends all superb.