Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport
US$177
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$106
ComfortInn
US$163
US$165
US$150
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$139
Marriott Hotels
US$267
US$204
US$132
All reviewsihg propertiespre flight stayan extended stayrental carroom was cleanearly checkfull kitchennice hotelshuttlekci
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Nothing bad to say about this hotel other than the parking was limited, but since I didn't drive it was no problem for me. Much better than the Candlewood Kansas City Northeast.

• Stayed: June 2012
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you for your kind comments that you have posted about our hotel, we appreciate it. When you share your experience about our hotel with others, that is the biggest compliment we can ask for.

We will keep it clean and well operated. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Had a confirmed reservation with late check in. On arrival at the airport called the hotel to have us picked up. I was informed at that point that the they had no room and have confirmed us at a comfort inn (owned by same people). I was told that this is a normal thing since they over booked.
Having no choice went to check in the comfort inn or should I say "CON-FORT INN" since i was conned into it, (mind you the rates are different and the comfort inn is much lower). At check in I was given room 230. when I got to the room and tried my key it did not open the door. went down to the lobby again and got another key. That still did not work went back to the lobby for the third time and got another one and when trying to open the door, a lady opened the door from the inside and asked me what i wanted. I was shocked that they would assign me a room which was given to some one else. well, they finally gave me a room on the third floor which was not fully furnished. Missing refrigerator etc
Next morning asked to see the general manager and on meeting him I was told that they would comp me for all my bad experience. Guess what they never did. Got back home and called the candle wood hotel to speak with the the GM he would not take my call. Left a message to have him return my call and have not heard back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank M A
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

We are sorry that we were not able to accomodate your reservation at our Candlewood Suites. We are an extended-stay hotel and there are times when guests will unexpectedly extend their stay which puts us in a over-sold situation. We were able to place you at our Comfort Inn hotel, which is across the parking lot from our Candlewood Suites. Both hotels are just two years old. I certainly was not aware of the other issues, when we spoke in person.

We thank you for your feed back and hope you give our Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport another try.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

if you like bait and switch this is your place. Booked 4 suites and only got 1.5 with these "forced" over to the subpar comfort inn. This is a deplorable act when there is no notification for those who are forced to take another room. There was zero ability to resolve this issue as the person at the front desk was nice but did really have any authority or ability to provide compensation or different accomodations due to "everything being booked full."

Will never stay at another candle-wood suite again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MrJackBadger
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

We are sorry that we were not able to accommodate your reservation and that of your co-worker who posted comments as well. Unexpected stay-overs put us in this situation. We did what we thought was right and placed you in our hotel across the parking lot, Comfort Inn. Both hotels are just two years old. The Comfort Inn even provides a hot breakfast in the morning, which you would not recieved at our Candlewood. Please take a moment to see what others are saying / posting about our Comfort Inn on this same site.

We hope you give us another try. Candlewood Suites hotels are another great IHG brand.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Clean and dependable. No problems. But the place is light on amenities (no pool) and tight on parking if full.

Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear joshuac24v15,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are pleased you liked our clean hotel. We are deeply sorry you found your visit to our hotel as average. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W