“Good, but not great.”

Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Pennsylvania
“Good, but not great.”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Before reserving a room, I checked the reviews. Based on those, I expected a bit nicer. High humidity must have been a problem in our room. Bathroom door didn't close properly and the room had a wee bit of a musty smell. Linens were good and bed was comfortable. Breakfast area very small, but well kept.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fargo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

This Hampton Inn has been updated since my last visit and it was just a wonderful experience. From the extremely friendly and helpful staff through to a wonderful hot breakfast each morning, all aspects of this stay was excellent. The rooms are comfortable and casual but with all the amenities for a business traveler (well appointed desk and easy wifi access). The bed was extremely comfortable and rooms are quiet, even being near the airport. I had a very restful stay and highly recommend this hotel for future business travelers who need to spend a night or two in the airport area.

Room Tip: Look for King Study online via hiltonhhonors.com
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Clarkecoln
Albion
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We were traveling in a moving truck towing a car. We were tired and hungry. Roger "reorganized" things to get us a great room.. and allowed us to park our truck in the parking lot so we could keep an eye on it... He also got the shuttle to drive us down the road to dinner and then pick us up when we were done! That was the best!!! We were on the raod for 5 nights and stayed at Hampron Inns for 3 of them. Next time its Hampton Inn all the way..The only thing is EVERY Hampton Inn we stayed in has the lumpiest comfortors. Its like all the stuffing wads up after being washed. BUt they are white so you can tell that they are clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 5 January 2011

This Hampton Inn is so convenient for those early morning flights from MCI (which is more than one hour from some parts of the Kansas City metro area). We have stayed there several times and were delighted that it has recently been remodeled...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Woke up this morning with bites on my body and saw the evidence in the bed where the bed bugs had chewed on me. I travel weekly and this was the first bed bug experience I had and I stay in Hilton hotel usually every week. Fortunately I put my bag up on the luggage rack and hung up my clothes so I am hoping not to take them home with me. Now I am researching what I should do to make sure they stay here in Kansas City!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kao67
hamptonkci, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
Our hotel investigates any and all claims regarding pests and/or bugs using a professional Pest Control Company (Orkin) the same day of any claim. We have not had any reports of bed bugs with any of Orkin's inspections. We do apologize for your inconvenience and wish you safe travels in the future.
Toledo
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The first floor of the hotel was under renovation when we stayed and it was evident with equipment in the hallway. The person working the front desk acknowledged my HHonors preference of a low floor, but said he was moving me up because of the construction and wasn't assigning any first floor rooms. This was clearly more than fine.

Our room looked like it had been renovated with a slightly different look than what I have seen at other Hampton Inns. It was nice, but maybe this particular design was not necessary for the Hampton Inn level hotel (wall length armoire on the wall with the window stopping at the window featuring a closet, ironing area, mini fridge I think).

The bathroom was nice as it had also been redone.

Once the renovations are complete, I would stay here again. Even as they are on going, I would still probably stay here as the one downside and it really isn't even a downside, is that we had to walk through equipment airing out the first floor hallway because they had used something construction-wise in the bathroom that needed ventilation for a certain amount of time. This led to the hotel keeping the back, first floor door unlocked and opened at night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Clean and nice room with for a good price. Nice bed. Good TV with a lot of HD channels.
Free wireless internet access with hotel code.
Fast access to the KCI airport.
Fitness room is disappointing, the stepper and the cycle were broken.
Downtown Kansas City turned out to be surprisingly nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business