Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast bagskansas city airportpark and flyan early morning flightrental carroom was cleannext morningshuttle serviceconvenient locationfitness centercomplimentary breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulzona rosawould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areabusiness tripyogurt
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This particular Hampton is a little older and has no refrigerator, microwave or fan in the bathroom but the rooms don't reflect the age. Checked into my first room and the room wasn't cleaned well so the staff took care of it an moved me to another room. What the room lacked in amenities the staff made up for. The front desk and managers were very accommodating. Breakfast was good and typical Hampton and the person serving was very friendly. I will stay again as the staff makes the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had hoped for more from a Hilton Honors hotel. This one suffers from some quirky issues, for example they pride themselves on changing the sheets every night (elevator sign says, "OMGICBSC" (or similar) for "OMG I can't believe the sheets are so clean." They did not change mine, even though I had accidentally soiled one of the sheets. I had to turn the heat to 76 to warm the room, and there are few amenities in the bathroom. The alarm clock radio kept coming on at odd hours during the night. They keep a few cookies in the lobby, just enough to run out before you get one. And, the bed was kind of lumpy. Just not up to par for a Hilton property, in my opinion. On the positive side, the room was very quiet - I could not hear my neighbor at all. Parking was easy, and checkin and out was fast and easy.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The room was extremely clean, the bed was very comfortable, WiFi was free and worked reliably, the airport shuttle was on time and took less than fifteen minutes, and the complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. Highly recommended if you want to to stay close to the airport.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This Hampton Inn is a fairly solid choice if you're looking to stay by the airport. They have all of the basics covered.

Check-in: The check-in process was friendly, quick, and pleasant. We had unusual circumstances (I arrived before the person who's name was on the reservation), and they were very willing to work with me so I didn't have to spend several hours waiting in the lobby. Definitely an A+ here.

Rooms: Clean, but small. I love it when hotels make the extra effort to chose all washable bed linens (versus old fashioned bedspreads that are rarely, if ever, washed). In general, the room was well furnished and very clean. The only complaint we had was the size. These rooms are so small that the "closet" is just a wardrobe cabinet on the back wall, the office chair has about 3 feet to move back until it hits the bed, and the bathroom barely has enough room for one person's items. They tried to use the space as well as they could, including plenty of compact shelving units (particularly in the bathroom), but there's really no way to fix the problem. If you're not traveling alone, these rooms are tight!

Airport shuttle: Due to the unique nature of my stay, I got to experience the airport shuttle 3 different times. 2 of these were pickups from the airport. Both times, the wait was under 10 minutes from the time I called (and you definitely need to call!). Also, in both cases, the Hampton shuttle was one of the first I saw to arrive and pick people up. Leaving from the hotel also went well. The first shuttle is at 4:30 am, and they run on the half hour after that. You can make a shuttle reservation when you check in. From what I could see, this is one of the closer hotels to the airport. I really have to give them an A+ for the shuttle services.

Overall, this is a perfectly fine place to spend a night or two when you need to be by the airport. Just beware of the size of the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Missouri2Mexico
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had a great stay at the Hampton In (Kansas City). The room was clean, the internet access was good, and the bed was comfortable!! No issues with this establishment. I would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Vernon H