“Emergency Stay”

Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Naples, FL, United States
“Emergency Stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was in an emergency and the airport locations ere nearly all full. When I got to Hampton the woman at the front was a delight and got me in at a good ate as opposed to trying to ripoff pricing because everyone was busy. Great room at a good price and excellent breakfast and shuttle to airport next day. I'd stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Iola, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is one exit away from the entrance to KC airport. We stay and park our car at hotel when we have early morning flights. The hotel shuttle gets you to the airport no matter how early your flight. We left hotel at 4:30 AM last stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff were all super friendly and helpful. The hotel was extremely clean. I was totally pleased with my stay. The only thing was my room smelled like paint, which was good a bad. The odor was a bit strong, but shows the hotel is taking care of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

hereandthere
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As all of you know from my other reviews I typically stay within the Hilton family of hotels for the honors program and just because they are nice hotels. This location was no exception, I checked in and since it was getting closer to dinner time I asked the woman at the front desk where I might find the best KC BBQ in that area and she was very knowledgeable and gave me a great description of a nearby establishment which I will review. But to be plain and simple, this Hampton Inn is a nice location to stay at whether for business (very convenient flying in and out of MCI without the noise of the airport) or just stopping for an unplanned stay. This Hampton Inn and it's staff will not disappoint!!!

Room Tip: The elevators are set back a bit from the main lobby and I had a 3rd floor room which was nice and q...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brookfield, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Even though this hotel is close to the airport there was no noise from the airplanes. I liked my stay here. The hotel was easy to find and easy to drive to from I-29. The breakfast was simple but got the job done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

edinburgh,scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good hotel for stay over. Shuttle collected from airport and offers runs to restaurants within 4 Km (mile?) radius.

Drivers very friendly and helpful with suggestions and return pick up arranged by phone,

Good rooms / fitness centre

Recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns from Atlanta to New York. I will say the Hampton Inn located 5 minutes from MCI (Kansas City Airport) is the finest Hampton Inn I have stayed in. Prior to returning our rental car at the MCI airport I made a quick phone call to the Hampton Inn requesting their free shuttle pick up. They told me where we would be picked and by the time we checked in our car and walked down to the pick up area our hotel shuttle was waiting. The room was immaculate in every way from cleanliness, furnishings, bathroom, a great bed and I never heard a peep from above, below or next door. My biggest concern was our shuttle return to the airport the next morning because of our 6:00 a.m. departure time. When I booked the hotel they told me the first shuttle would depart from the hotel at 4:30 a.m. sharp. That morning we took our bags down to the lobby at about 4:20, and the shuttle was waiting. We asked for a "To Go" bagged breakfast which they had ready. They loaded us up along with 8 other travelers. I sat in the front seat. At exactly 4:30 am according to my watch and the shuttle clock we were off for the 5 minute ride to the airport. They took us directly to the Southwest curbside luggage check-in where we checked our baggage, zipped through security with plenty of time to read my emails before boarding our plane. Overall an outstanding, immaculate hotel, courteous staff, with A+ shuttle service to and from the airport at no cost.

Room Tip: I always go for the highest floors available away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family