Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Seattle WA
“Liked the location”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Location is optimal if you are going to the two art museums (Nelson Atkins, Kemper) or the best shopping/dining area in the city (County Club Plaza), within walking distance. Access to the free parking is easy.

My stay was quiet and uneventful. Free Wifi was a plus, the room was clean. Flat screen TV and an easy chair. Wish the reading light was a little better in the chair.

Did not use the kitchen, as no utensils are included, but the coffee maker, MW oven, refrig are nice to have. Towels were included in the bathroom.

Property is dated with wear and tear, but for the price ($50 Priceline Bid, plus tax) it was truly just fine, and then some!

Main hall had that old apartment house odor, but once in the room it was gone. Operable window, view into tree. Front desk staff was professional and friendly. I would have stayed more than one night, but Priceline would not let me extend for the same rate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Grant,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room and location. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory due to the property being “dated.” For that I am truly sorry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Augusta, Kansas
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have stayed at Homestead Inn in Kansas City several times. Our daughter has had many surgeries at St. Lukes hospital, it is always very stressful. It is wonderful to have a place like homestead Inn who not only discounts our stay, but makes for an enjoyable place to unwind. The rooms are very pleasent and well equipped and roomy. The staff has always been pleasant and easy to work with even with changes in our plans. With full size refrigerator and kitchen we have the options of making meals and not have the extra cost of outside meals. The rooms have always been clean and comfortably furnished.The proximity to the Plaza is a plus if entertainment is your goal. For pleasure or neccessity I would recommend this Inn for a nice no frills stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Very satisfied with our stay. Employees did not disturb us and fulfilled requests promptly and respectfully. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Great location, great place to stay when vacationing with friends or family.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Potomac, MD
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Some comments that this hotel is not clean are unfounded in my experience. As a frequent traveler, I found this hotel adequate for a clean, no frills, inexpensive, well located place to stay. I would stay here again. The staff was also friendly and helpful. There is a full kitchen in the room and washers and dryers in the common area for long-term travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. It's proximity to the plaza and fantastic museums is wonderful, and made my stay OK. However, the place lacks in most other areas.

It is pretty dirty, and if you take the time to look around the place it shows serious wear. Definitely in need of maintenance. The internet is incredibly slow unless you pay (by the hour) for higher speed, which is frustrating since decent internet can be had almost anywhere else.

The beds are old w/ thin, hard mattresses.

Perhaps the most alarming thing during my stay was returning to my room to find dog poop in the hallway at 6pm...and returning at 3 AM after hitting the bars, only to find said poop still in hallway.

That's pretty telling.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had an enjoyable stay. Room was spacious and Clean. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple