Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Ranked #85 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When my husband called, he asked for the Extended Stay right next to the Plaza...and they put us at the one on the outskirts of the city by the airport...30 min away from anything. The employees at the hotel downtown were very helpful and got our reservations switched over. Bu when we got to the room the fridge and freezer wouldn't even make our food cold, much less freeze anything. And the toilet would not fully flush. Whenever I flushed, it would leave bits and pieces in the bowl.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are glad to hear that our staff was helpful in getting your reservations situated to the right location. We do apologize for the maintenance issue. We are working with our maintenance staff to ensure our rooms are up to our standards and that everything is in working order.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great location - less than 5 minute walk to Country Club Plaza and museums. Refurbished hotel looks better on the outside than on the inside - beds are big and comfy; rooms are quiet; still just a basic hotel room with a kitchen.
Daily maid service (refresh) is $5 (we weren't charged for our 2 night stay). I'd be willing to spend $5 more a night for towels that are soft (I thought maybe they had given us all bath mats but even the hand towels were thin & rough). Good value for 1 or 2 nights but I'm not sure I'd enjoy an extended stay....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank edcetera
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you slept well and found our hotel's location to be ideal. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The toilet had diarrhea splatter when we entered the room and there was no toilet paper because "the truck didn't come" and the "free" Internet didn't work and there was no shampoo or conditioner. If you stay at Extended Stay America be sure to bring your cleaning supplies, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and keep in mind the "free" Internet is free because it does not actually work.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ExtendedDoNOTstay
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night and had a reservation for two rooms. Upon arrival, the individual working at the front desk informed me that if one more guest had arrived before me, my reservation would have been bumped. He told me there was a problem with third-party booking websites - that Expedia or Travelocity had shown that rooms were available when there wasn't, and the hotel had been overbooked. This wasn't true. I booked my first room through a third-party several weeks before our arrival, but the second directly through the Extended Stay America website a few days before our stay because the third-party website didn't display any more availability for the hotel. It was ESA's website that caused the problem, not a third party.

When we got to our room, it was really warm even though it was only 60 degrees outside. The A/C was very, very loud and didn't work well. We had to turn the temperature gauge to 60 degrees to even get it to turn on. There was no remote for our TV. The wifi mostly worked, but it was really slow, and sometimes it wouldn't connect. My mom was staying in the other room we booked; she didn't receive any bath towels, so we had to lend her one of ours.

The worst part was the loudness. We were by the elevator and it was dinging all night. The doors to the elevator area wouldn't stay open, and banged shut, so we also heard that noise. In addition, there was a very drunk woman in the hallway in the middle of the night. We could hear her screaming, and the police were called. I could hear them saying they couldn't find anyone at the front desk, so they didn't remove the girl from the hallway for almost 45 minutes. At least the very loud A/C drowned out some of the noise when it came on.

Upon checkout, my mom told the front desk she wanted her room charged to her credit card, which they said wasn't a problem and took her card (I put my card down for both rooms upon checkin). Both rooms were charged to my card anyway, and we're still trying to figure out if we were actually double charged for one of the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the noise levels and the reservation issues. I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol and reservations policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We used this Hotel as our home for a week while one of our family member was in St. Lukes Hospital. This Hotel worked with the hospital and got us lowered prices for our extended stay. The staff was always very helpful and friendly as we were there during a snow storm. There is no room service unless you stay a certain amount of days but all you have to do is take your own linens to the front desk and they exchange it for you. My wife needed a hair dryer and they provided that. They give you a pamphlet that explains all this and lists all the items that you just have to go to the front desk and receive. We were not sure on the release date of our family member so we had to stay a few more days. I explained this to Caleb and it was no problem to run a tab as long as we needed the room. Our room was very clean and stocked well. The full kitchen was a welcome releief as we went for groceries and ate some meals in the room. I would highly recomend this Hotel to anyone that likes hassel free stays and doesn't mind the fact that it is not a hyped up Taj Mahal. It is a very comfortable Hotel if you give it a chance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Steven – The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about your stay at our hotel. I’m thrilled that we were able to make your stay comfortable. I am glad that you found our staff, especially Caleb, to be friendly and helpful. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen. We would love to host you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The location is very convenient (easy walk) to the Plaza. They charged $25/night extra for pets and it would have been an additional $20/night to have a bed with 2 rooms. The room only gets cleaned (for free) if you stay 8 days or longer. I stayed 9 nights and it was never cleaned, but it was easy to get extra trash bags, TP, and towels. Having a small, but full sized fridge and freezer along with microwave, toaster, and 2 burners was nice. The hotel was being updated during my stay. The updates were pretty nice and they did a good job to confine construction.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

The feedback you provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad that you were pleased with our location and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that your room was not cleaned during your stay. I will meet with my staff to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

No shampoo or lotion in rooms,no restocking of fresh towels on 2nd day. The soap they do provide is very cheap soap no lather. The waterpick bshower head was stuck on one setting and you had to move around to get wet! No Ice Machine you had to make your own and with 2 trays it takes forever to get any quantity.Check in was somewhat slow but it was busy when we got there!

Room Tip: Dont get a smoking room unless your a smoker! Some of our group got a smoking room and said it was b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that shampoo and lotion was not offered upon your arrival. Unfortunately, we do not have an ice machine on site, however; we provide ice trays in the all our kitchens. Our housekeeping services are not provided daily but rather weekly unless you would like it at a nominal fee. We will always provide fresh towels to you at the front desk upon request. Lastly I am glad you brought the shower head to our attention, we are currently replacing them as needed, I apologize that it was working to your liking.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so again, I appreciate the feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me at plz@extendedstay.com. We hope that you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.