“Between town and the airport”

Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
Ranked #56 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Recently remodled and clean. Decent breakfast and easy to get around town from. I was working in North Kansas City and my customer reccomended the Holiday Inn Express as he was picking me up. Made trips into town for two nights and had absolutly none of the traffic you get on the south side.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed one night for business. Front desk staff (Brianna) was extremely pleasant and made me feel welcome there. I stay HIE's 10+ times/year and she was probably the best I've come across. The room I stayed in was really big, even for HIE standards. Breakfast was standard. Location is north of downtown, which is OK as long as you don't mind a 10 min drive in. Fast food and fuel close by, but didn't see any restaurants. Overall, a fantastic one night stay, mostly because of great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed on May 5th, 2012. The halls were extremely warm and our room smelled very musty. Our room was across the hall from the ice machine and above the swimming pool....very loud!!! The breakfast was awful. Worst of all, we may have also had an issue with bed bugs. On May 7th we noticed the red bite marks and have been cleaning ever since.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Beth O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Beth O,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My company stayed at this hotel and was hospitalized due to bed bugs. They refused to give us a refund. Not just one of our rooms but 16 had bed bugs. Do not stay here they are very rude and don't care about anything but taking your money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Ashley F

Dear Ashley F,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel is supremely located to the KC speedway, KC Power and Lignt District, casinos and shopping! 5 minute cab ride from Sprint Center. Front desk person, Brianna, was helpful, funny, kind and just a good girl!! Head cleaning Lady, didn't get her name, got our room ready even though we were early! Awesome staffing at this hotel. Room was clean and well decorated. Sheets and towels were spotless. Breakfast was outstanding. Will be staying there again next time we stay in KC.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Like the hotel and location, very friendly staff, nice rooms and great Breakfast see you in December

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I spent 3 nights here in September 2011. The hotel was only moderately full so there were no lines at check-in or check-out. Breakfast was up the usual Holiday Inn Express standards and there was plenty of seating.

The hotel is very nice and my room was first class. It's in a good location a couple blocks from I-35 but it's back off Armour Road a block so everything was very quiet. You can drive to downtown KC in 5 or 10 minutes max.

North KC is a very safe area. On the first night, I didn't have a rental car and I walked to the North KC downtown area, that was maybe a mile walk. There are a few restaurants there.

Overall this hotel is a good choice if you want to be near downtown KC but don't want to pay downtown prices.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo