“Terrific Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Let me open this review by saying that 2 nights ago I spent the night at at the Comfort Inn downtown Kansas City. It was adequate but underwhelming. We changed to the Holiday Inn Express last night and it felt like a breath of fresh air. To be honest, if I hadn't read here that this property used to be a Quality Inn I would never have known that it was not a newly constructed HI Ex. Rooms, hallways, and public areas are all colorful, welcoming, and spotlessly clean. Decor is modern. It is whisper quiet. I wish that there had been a few more power outlets, but that is a perinial complaint among business travelers.

If I had to choose one thing that bothered me here, it would be the bathroom. The sink is in the living space and toilet and shower are in a very, very small room. Shutting the door while in there would be a chore so, thankfully I was alone and didn't need to do so. They should have considered pocket doors if they were limited by space. Still, that is a minor complaint.

I also found the bed a little bit hard, but I still slept well. Breakfast buffet was excellent (if HIEx standard) and the attendant was cheerful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again on business.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike W
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We spent one night recently in a suite and it was all good. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Super fast check-in. The room was clean with a comfortable king size bed. The rooms had a nice sitting area with a small couch, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast was the typical HIE breakfast and very nice. Conveniently located to Ameristar and Harrah's Casinos. All-in-all a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed from May 21 thru the 23. And everything was perfect, employees, room, amenities. If I ever need to visit KC, Mo again I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bespat
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Recently remodled and clean. Decent breakfast and easy to get around town from. I was working in North Kansas City and my customer reccomended the Holiday Inn Express as he was picking me up. Made trips into town for two nights and had absolutly none of the traffic you get on the south side.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed one night for business. Front desk staff (Brianna) was extremely pleasant and made me feel welcome there. I stay HIE's 10+ times/year and she was probably the best I've come across. The room I stayed in was really big, even for HIE standards. Breakfast was standard. Location is north of downtown, which is OK as long as you don't mind a 10 min drive in. Fast food and fuel close by, but didn't see any restaurants. Overall, a fantastic one night stay, mostly because of great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed on May 5th, 2012. The halls were extremely warm and our room smelled very musty. Our room was across the hall from the ice machine and above the swimming pool....very loud!!! The breakfast was awful. Worst of all, we may have also had an issue with bed bugs. On May 7th we noticed the red bite marks and have been cleaning ever since.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Beth O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Beth O,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My company stayed at this hotel and was hospitalized due to bed bugs. They refused to give us a refund. Not just one of our rooms but 16 had bed bugs. Do not stay here they are very rude and don't care about anything but taking your money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Ashley F

Dear Ashley F,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W

Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#54 of 109 in Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City? Share your experiences!