“GREAT place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Marysville, United States
“GREAT place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We love Homewood Suites! When traveling as a family, it's wonderful to have the two bedroom unit, where we can all be together, but our two teenage sons can have their own room. The living area with kitchen is great too! With this stay, I reserved the 2-bedroom unit well in advance, but the hotel called me a couple days ahead and told me there was a maintenance issue and no more 2-bedroom units available, so he would put us in two 1-bedroom units and not charge for the extra room, which they did. I REALLY appreciated that! This hotel close to the airport, but also close to all the shopping on Barry Road. It's a perfect place to stay in Kansas City!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I been bumped over by our corporate meeting planner from the KC Embassy Suites next door where we hold monthly training events for our company. The hotel condition, cleanliness and service is outstanding. I much prefer this property to the Embassy Suites, but since our company covers the room, I'm not even sure how they compare as far as cost, but I assume it's less expensive per night than the Embassy. It's quieter because the "convention hotel" activities, fountain and open interior just make it less like home. I'd definitely stay here with my family with the 2-room suite you could easily sleep 4 or 5.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Saint Robert, MO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Excellent place to stay! Outstanding breakfast and dinners included in price of stay along with evening selection of wine and draft beer included. I would recommend this hotel and its chain to anyone wanting to stay in a clean and nice place during business or leisure trips.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at the Homewood Suites for 20+ days during the month of Feb. The hotel staff was friendly and responsive to my requests. Was there for training and the hotel let us use a conference room for an impromptu group meeting.

The rooms were just the right size and I had a room with a fireplace which was a plus especially during the snow storm. Breakfast was satisfying because it offered a different variety each day. The evening meal offered Mon-Thur had a different entree that was not repeated during my stay. The other times when I had meals in my room, I made use of the full size refrigerator and microwave. The kitchenette was furnished with everything I needed. The Wi-Fi speed was acceptable. I felt at home during my visit.

The only thing I could recommend is for this hotel is to have both washers and dryers operational. A washer and dryer were both broken during my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have a fireplace
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had to stay a week at this property. Has very a good gym and pool area was closed. The rooms are nice and the wifi is pretty fast. The hotel offered free breakfast and dinner, so that was a plut. Will stay at this location if visiting Kansas Cityi again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Pender
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Our room was small and configuration was wierd . One Bedroom was so small you couldn't walk into it unless you closed door first and that bath was across the hall ,so not private. No Maid service on Saturday morning - they stopped by our room and we told them we were leaving in a few minutes, but when we returned that evening, room had not been cleaned. Hotel had water problems, which they tried hard to fix and accomodate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having stayed at other Homewood Suites properties, I wasn't prepared for the worn-out look of this one. It was okay for one night before flying out of MCI, but I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time there. The front desk person was discourteous and uninterested in our arrival. The room was okay, given that it's in need of a serious makeover. The living area was small, the bedroom okay. The comp breakfast was okay, the beds were okay, it was an okay experience, but I wouldn't stay there again and would find something more up-to-date in the area. It's located a 5-10 minute drive away from the airport. Convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family