“Homewood Suites by Hilton in Kansas City”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #29 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, United States
“Homewood Suites by Hilton in Kansas City”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My hotel stay here was the absolute worst experience at a Hilton property that I have ever had. The front desk personnel lacked hospitality and professionalism. My room smelled like mold and the bed linens made my skin itch.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bonifay, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

First stay with hotel but will definitely return. Friendly staff, Clean rooms. A wonderful addition to stay - I left my grocery list at front desk and when I returned to room, groceries were there. What a nice complimentary thing to do for guests.

Kansas City, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I did not report this until I left. Room 228 toilet was loose on the floor and the shut off valve was leaking. I did not want to have maintenance working on this while I was in the room. This should have been found and fixed before a guest has to report it. I think many items in the hotel are going down hill since I first started staying there six years ago. There was also a large hair/dirt ball under the end table by the couch. I realize that you can't always get everything but this seemed obvious. The living area TV was not working until I wiggled the cables on the TV. And the Bathroom door opens and closes poorly due to rubbing on the bathroom floor. I think it is a mistake to let maintenance slip in this way. Also one night at dinner one of the other guests reported dirty plates, which made me skip eating, who knows what else was dirty. Hopefully I can ask the training center to let me stay somewhere else next time.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay. We truly value your feedback. The hotel does pride themselves on providing each and every guest with a high quality experience. However, we have fallen short during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused while staying with us. We will take the appropriate steps to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We do hope that when travels bring you back to the area, that you will continue to stay with us. Again, thank you for your business.
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a very good choice for the business or family traveler. Staff is friendly and accommodating from check in to check out. Suites are large with windows that open. Rooms are quiet despite proximity to KCI airport. Room was spotless and the air conditioner was equal to the challenge of 98 degree heat. Feather pillows rather than rubber balls and towels in the bath were large and thirsty. The bathroom door did not hit one in the knees while using the toilet which is all too common with Marriot properties. Bed was very comfortable and bathtub was porcelain and not cheap fiberglass. Great parking makes KCI Homewood a winner.

Room Tip: The pool can be a trifle noisy so if you need daytime peace suggest street side.
1 Thank emistruth
North Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The trip was excellent and everything was as I would have expected, as I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions while traveling to Fairfax, Missouri. I would be more than happy to stay at this location on any travels I have to that area.

Wichita, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Besides being told the incorrect price at check-in, 1 of the 2 dryers being broke and the breakfast not being what I expected the actual room was nice. The room and bathroom worked great for my family. Asking for additional towels was not an issue. The kids enjoyed some pool & basketball time in a clean area which helped them exert some energy in a safe area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel and then flew out from the KC airport. When we returned a week later our truck battery was dead. I went and asked Laurie at the front desk if by chance the hotel had jumper cables. Wow - I was lucky I asked her because she made it her personal mission to find us cables! She asked multiple other staff, and even called a sister property! She then remembered she had driven a friend's car that day, and there were cables in the car! Then Laurie had the shuttle from her sister property drive over to give us the jump. WOW - all front staff should watch how Laurie works, she was fantastic. We will come back to this hotel because of the great service. Thanks Laurie!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family