“Stay away from the Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Boulder
“Stay away from the Crowne Plaza”
Reviewed 16 October 2007

I can only second some of the comments from earlier reviews. My room smelled like cigarette smoke, the carpets were dirty, the "gym" was a hotel room emptied out with two old treadmills. No information on hotel services in the room. My bathtub had mold. Maid services put an old cracker that had fallen on the floor back on my night stand ;o(
They seem to barely function. Not worth the money.

• Liked — close to convention center
  • Disliked — dirty, no amenities
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank ocean35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2007

I have to admit...I was a little nervous staying @ this hotel during a recent conference due to other reviews I read on this site. However, I found it to be quite satisfactory. I had a suite which had very comfortable accomodations. It is an older hotel; but, you can tell updating has been done. When I called down to the front desk and requested an item for my coffee pot; they called back within 20 minutes. I also had one slight problem with the toiliet; but, they had it fixed within the hour. The carpet was a little worn; but, overall, I would stay @ this hotel again for the price I paid.

• Liked — Front Desk and Housekeeping service
  • Disliked — worn carpet
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank moose1Ohio
Lincoln Neb,
Reviewed 2 October 2007

'OH MY GOD' I PAID OUT MY NOSE TO HAVE A NICE HOTEL
( 4 STARS I DON'T THINK SO ) My Husband and I came to Kansas for the first time to see a Nascar race Hotels.com said this was a vary nice and upscale hotel OK our first night the sleep number bed would not stay pumped up so my husband didn't sleep well all night, the carpet was dirty, the ice machine on our floor didn't work so the next morning we ask for a new room no problem, so now the new room the carpet was SICK
dirty, dirty, dirty, the water was so slow it would take you 30 min. to take a shower and to top this all off GUESS WHAT we still had to pay to park in the hotel parking lot yes $6.oo per day what is that I have stayed at alot of hotels that were alot nicer and NEVER had to pay for parking. PLEASE IF YOU STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL I WOULD GIVE IT A -- 4 STAR HOTEL I would stay at a super 8 hotel you would be better off I have always had good luck with the super 8 hotels I wish you good luck.

• Liked — nothing (maybe the merriott light show from our window)
  • Disliked — the whole pkg
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
louisiana
Reviewed 2 October 2007

stayed five days,four days too long.room and carpet dirty and small. no hooks to hang things,very few plugs. tub dripped the whole time. staff polite but not knowlegeable. houskeeping did half a job paint ball group raising hell for 3 days. my car was pelted with paint balls. why did i have to pay an extra 5 dollars a day for the parking garage. our friends stayed in a 2 room suite for the same price we paid. no drinks in coke machines,ice machine did not work. i would stay in a super 8 next time. they have better ammenities.

• Liked — the day we left
  • Disliked — attitude of staff
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
Homewood, IL
Reviewed 21 September 2007

I was very worried after reading several negative reviews on this hotel thru Trip Advisor, but when we got there I was pleasantly surprised. Amy at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful! I booked the hotel thru Priceline. I asked for a 3 Star Downtown and got it for $60.00. As it turns out, I probabably could have gotten it for as low as $40.00, so give it a try! The lobby is nice, and the attached parking garage has in/out access for only $5.00. I requested a room on the 20th or higher floor with a sleep number bed and got it no problem. Again, thanks to Amy!
I travel alot so I am a big-time hotel snob when it comes to clean rooms and this one was! The sleep number beds were very comfortable with crisp white bedding and no nasty comforters. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Comfortable, Clean bedding - Access to computer in the lobby, great for printing boarding pass
  • Disliked — Construction all around the downtown area
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple