“Amazing Weekend Destination!!”

Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Basehor, Kansas
“Amazing Weekend Destination!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is an excellent location and walking distance to many great attractions. The hotel staff was friendly and very attentive. This is a perfect location for anyone suffering from allergies due to animals, smoke, or fragrance. It is free of all these elements :) I highly recommend this hotel, it is beautiful and has an amazing location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steviu
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for your review and for your recommendation. I’m glad that you enjoyed our downtown location and close proximity to many wonderful Kansas City sights. Thank you for staying with us!

Robert Avila, Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I would like to thank the staff at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Kansas City,MO. We stayed there the weekend of June 17-19. Our daughters wedding Reception was next door at the Municipal Auditorium. The entire wedding party prepared for the wedding at the hotel. The staff was so helpful with letting us have an early check in. We needed housekeeping to come give us some extra help and engineering to come to the rescue when fuses were blown from to many hair dyers running. The front desk answered all questions with a smile and helpful attitude.
I really appreciated the front desk staff on Sunday evening when I called to ask of something special of my daughters that was left behind. They didn't make me wait to talk to housekeeping on Monday morning,but went in search of it that evening and found the item. It is that kind of special personal service that will have our family and guests returning to the Crown Plaza KC.
Thank you for helping making our special day a great experience,
pj

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for making the Crowne Plaza a part of your special occasion. We strive to give our guests a memorable experience, so I will be sure to pass on your thanks to our staff. I am so happy to hear that you were able to recover the item left behind. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again!

Iola, Kansas
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Nice downtown hotel. Have stayed several times each without issue. Location is a short walk to P&L Sprint Center etc. Or a cheap cab ride. Staff is great and always helpful. Parking is a few dollars cheaper than other area hotels. Rooftop outdoor pool is also a plus. Guess it can be a little loud on weekends but....I might have some guilt there myself. Definitely plan to stay again.

• Stayed April 2011
Thank you for your comments and for your loyalty to our hotel. It’s always great to hear when our guests enjoy the location next to the Power & Light District. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Humboldt, CA
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza a few years ago before it was renovated and the recent renovations are definitely an improvement. Comfortable room overall, but not a whole lot of amenities. Extremely small bathroom - very hard to move around in it without bumping the door or counter. Free wi-fi in rooms. There is a nice free breakfast if you're a member of the hotel's reward program. Small but adequate fitness center. Convenient downtown location, steps from the convention center. It's in the Power and Light district, which is brightly lit up at night and there are bright lights shining up the front facade of the hotel. My room was on this side, and there was a lot of light in the room during the night as a result. Didn't bother me, but it might be an issue if you need total darkness at night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. It is certainly great to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated facilities and downtown location near the Power & Light District. We strive to create a memorable experience for each and every guest, and sincerely appreciate hearing what our guests have to say. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we would love to have you stay with us again next time you’re in Kansas City!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This was a perfect location for a business conference.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown! We hope to host you again for your future business travels.

West Lafayett, IN
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Spent eight nights and nine days at this hotel. For me, a hotel stay is good when the staff is kind and helpful. I would especially like to thank AL at the front desk for helping us pick out the perfect dinner spot and for answering all of our questions. I've also got to mention ANDREW down in the Salon area who has been nothing but wonderful and kind. You two make the Crowne Plaza the great stay that it has been!
We've had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor and loved the view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. It is always wonderful to hear about the great service our staff members provide our guests, and we have recognized them. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!

Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I ended up staying here after being disappointed in the hotel that I'd originally reserved. The front desk staff gave me a walk-up rate that was the same as the hotel that I'd just left. The doorman and front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating to me. The front desk staff even printed off a list of things to do in the area and brought the list to my room.

I do appreciate how attentive the attendants were on the concierge floor. The breakfast attendants even remembered the juices that I liked to drink in the morning and the evening attendant remembered my favorite night time cordial. They were all very professional and represented the quality that Crown Plaza's are known for. The concierge attendants are definitely an asset to the hotel.

At first, I was skeptical because my room was in front of the elevator....I am a very light sleeper. I never even heard it. Imagine that! The bed was so soft and comfortable. I normally never take hotel toiletries but...these were the bomb. Very soothing (I have allergies).

If you want great quality and a comfortable stay, stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown. I am so happy to hear about the excellent service that our front desk, bell, and concierge staff provided to you, and we will be sure to recognize them. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and for staying at the Crowne Plaza. We hope to see you again soon.