“Nice hotel but the structure is older.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is very nice but the structure is a little older. My room seemed dark and a little dreary. My bathroom was small with very little counter space. They delivered a microwave and fridge at my request, but there really was no room for it. TV kept loosing signal. Small fitness center but it got the job done. Nice breakfast bar, coffee shop and bar area. And Of course the bedding was nice, which is very important to me. Great night's rest.

• Stayed: August 2012
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Thank you for being our guest. I'm glad you got a good night's rest on our new beds and thought the breakfast bar, Starbucks and City Bar were nice. I apologize for the TV signal, I hope we got that resolved for you. The bathrooms in our double rooms are the standard size, perhaps on your next visit we can upgrade you to one of suites as they will have a lot more room for you.

I look forward to having your as our guest again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Wife and I went here for a night trip away during the week. The hotel had exceptionally fast elevator service and the room service was exceptional. The location in KC is unbeatable if your looking to be near the Power and Light District. My only complaints were a small bathroom and we had to wait several minutes at the valet when we arrived at the hotel, which was a little surprising considering the hotel was not that busy at the time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel, you can't beat the location for enjoying the variety of events that happen downtown. I'm glad you had the opportunity to have room service during your stay and you found it to be exceptional. I apologize for the delay with the valet service.

Please consider our hotel in your future visits to downtown Kansas City.

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

This is a great location: right next to the convention center and Music Hall. Very close to Power & Light as well. Didn't want to pay to park in the garage, so I drove around until I found a spot about two blocks away on the street.
Check in was a little slow, only two people working the front desk on a Saturday evening seemed a little short staffed, but it didn't take too long. One inconvenience was that my key didn't work when arriving to my room on the 18th floor. Called the front desk with the phone by the elevator, and someone was there in a few minutes with new keys that worked. She did not offer an apology, which I thought was odd.
Room was very nice and clean. Beds were comfy.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. I'm glad you thought our new beds were comfortable and your room was nice and clean. I apologize for the keys not working at first and I'm glad we got that taken care of for you quickly,

I look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need an excellent location downtown.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Short distance to Power & Light District however not close to much shopping or restaurants in my opinion. The room was average, beds were comfortable. Pool was a huge disappointment!!!! Very small, had no lounge chairs at all, and only about a dozen chairs to sit on. Who wants to sunbathe without lounge chairs???? They advertise it as 'rooftop' so you would think the view was great but really it is on the roof of the underground parking so only about on the 7th floor so not too spectacular. Lobby was very nice and bar area. Starbucks a nice feature too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn556

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. Our location is ideal for any thing happening in the downtown area. I'm glad you liked our lobby, bar and Starbucks. I'm sorry about the pool furniture, the new furniture was on back order during your stay but has arrived since then. I look forward to having you back as our guest on your future visits to Kansas City.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The rooms were dirty, small, and uncomfortable. The pool is 1/10th the size it should be, and on the 7th floor (not the roof top, as one may expect). Our air conditioner was loud and broken. The breakfast buffet is awful (and overpriced). And we woke up to a cockroach scurrying across the floor. Seriously disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ryan M
CPKCGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Guest,

This is the first time I have heard someone describe our hotel this way. I'm sorry you were seriously dissapointed. The roach you are describing is actually a beetle that comes out during the summer season around the pool area for a few weeks. We do not have roaches in our hotel.

I apologize that we didn't live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel has an excellent location if night life is your thing. It is walking distance to the Power and Light district. From what I could tell, the location is what one is paying for here. The beds were small, there was a lack of information in the room regarding hotel services and amenities, local businesses and attractions, check-out time and T.V. channels. To make matters worse, our air conditioner wasn't quite functioning correctly. Frankly, I've had better stays at much less expensive hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lea B

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry you feel that your stay was not worth the price. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you, if you would like to give me a call direct at 816-460-6605.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza after attending a wedding at the Scarritt Ballroom. The room was great, with a nice sized bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the a/c was definitely needed due to the heat. Enjoyed the quick walk to the Power and Light. My only complaint...after a wedding reception and an late night out at Power and Light, the front desk called at 2:15 AM to ask if they could retrieve the roll-away bed they "mistakenly" left in my room. I didn't really appreciate that...

However, having a Starbucks downstairs is a nice touch and the room was clean. Would recommend to out-of-town guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite!