“A week in August, a week of great service”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Cedar Park, Texas
“A week in August, a week of great service”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The staff were friendly, professional and most of all made me feel at home while spending a week there on business. From the first encounter with a valet who let me into the parking garage to the front desk, restaurant and executive lounge, these folks were fantastic. I would not hesitate to return to Kansas City if I knew I could stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side (facing the front of the hotel) had a great view, particularly the upper floo...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Barry S,

Thank you for the great review!!! Your recognition of the entire team is very much appreciated. We strive for what you experienced every day and I'm so glad you had a week of great service.

I look forward to your next visit with us here in Kansas City.

Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Located in Downtown Kansas City, MO, this grand hotel is just mind-blogging. Huge reception area, classy decor, ready-to-help associates are few of the salient features. If you pick up a room above the tenth floor, the view of the city is soothing..I was very impressed with their communication and transport arrangements.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear SachinT83,

Thank you for the Five Star review!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed our property. We have a lot to offer and I appreciate you recognizing it.

I look forward to having you back again the next time you visit Kansas City.

Lincoln
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed as guests at this hotel for 2 days/ nights, the staff was pleasant and accommodating. However, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Douglas your shuttle drivers, provided remarkable service they not only took our group to desired spots, but provided detailed history of the city and places to go while we were there. Because of their willingness to provide the ultimate customer service, the minor imperfections of the hotel were easily overlooked. (the smell in our room, & popcorn under the sofa) overall, the rooms were comfortable and suited our needs. But your shuttle drivers are awesome and the reason we will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Diana B,

Thank you for the great comments about our shuttle drivers. I'm glad they were able to be of service to you. I will share your comments with them. Sorry about the minor imperfections in your room.

The shuttle drivers along with the rest of us look forward to your next visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Was there for a 2-day conference. Staff was always helpful and friendly. Courtesy hotel shuttle was wonderful - drivers were fun and friendly and got you where you needed to go! Rooms were comfortable and clean - everything was in good working order. Even though it appears a little older from the outside, I liked it - it didnt feel like that at all. Rooms are a bit small, but not difficult to get around in. Food was very good (dinner and breakfast) and wait staff were very efficient and nice. The breakfast frittata is delicious! And.....their vending machines have Coke products! Thank you! (While several other hotels are only Pepsi.) Price was quite reasonable. Location was great - one block from the convention center. Would definitely stay there again.
Down sides: A small one - the soda vending machines alternate every other floor with snack vending machines. And some of the soda machines were either out of what Diet Coke or "correct change only", forcing you to find another on a different floor . But just to be able to get my Diet Coke was a bonus. A larger problem - the meeting room on the 28th floor was FREEZING and it was difficult to get them to warm it up.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side overlook the Power and Light District and good view of some of the architectu...
Dear JLynne 52,

Thank you for the great review and recognizing our associates. I also want to thank you for dining with us during your stay and I am glad you enjoyed the food and service in the restaurant. Sorry about the inconvienance of the vending machines and the temperature of the meeting room. I will look into that.

Parsons, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Our experience this weekend has been great. We met family annd had a great time. The hotel stay was nice, rooms were comfortable. Our bathroom had a small amount of mildew around toilet but other than that we experienced no problems. The air conditioning worked very well. The breakfast buffet was very good. And bellmen /drivers Darrell and James Douglas were very accommodating and very professional and courteous. This truly does set the tone for a hotel, other than the front desk, they are the first individuals you see. We will certainly come back again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Yvonne D,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel the weekend you were here. Thank you for recognizing our associates, they really do go the extra step to ensure our guests are happy with their stay. I apologize for the bathroom and I am glad your room was cool and you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

We would love to be of service again the next time you need a "Nice Location".

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2012

James and Monte are true ambassadors for Kansas City. They are friendly and go out of their way to be sure Crowne Plaza guests not only get a free ride to their nearby destination but enjoy the journey. They pointed my colleagues and I to great BBQ and gave us some colorful history of the city along the way.

1 Thank Jan S
Jim W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you for recognizing our van drivers. They work hard to take care of our guests and I'm glad they were able to get you and your collegues where you needed to go. There is a lot to talk about when it comes to the colorful history of Kansas City and we are all proud to share that with our guests.

Come back and see us again soon,

Jim Wynn, GM
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is very nice but the structure is a little older. My room seemed dark and a little dreary. My bathroom was small with very little counter space. They delivered a microwave and fridge at my request, but there really was no room for it. TV kept loosing signal. Small fitness center but it got the job done. Nice breakfast bar, coffee shop and bar area. And Of course the bedding was nice, which is very important to me. Great night's rest.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for being our guest. I'm glad you got a good night's rest on our new beds and thought the breakfast bar, Starbucks and City Bar were nice. I apologize for the TV signal, I hope we got that resolved for you. The bathrooms in our double rooms are the standard size, perhaps on your next visit we can upgrade you to one of suites as they will have a lot more room for you.

I look forward to having your as our guest again the next time you are in town.

Jim Wynn, GM