“Excellent and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown

Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Oklahoma, United States
“Excellent and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights to attend a conference at the Convention Center. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly--ready to bend over backward to accommodate you in any way possible. Excellent breakfast and Manager's reception for HI rewards members.

Room Tip: Room was incredibly spacious. We had a king suite and it was more than enough to make us feel at hom...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DFoster_12
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear DFoster_12,

Thank you for your kind words about the Crowne Plaza – Kansas City Downtown. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guest encounter is a pleasant one and will do whatever it takes to make sure each and every guest feels welcome. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our Concierge Lounge and our breakfast in the restaurant. Next time, we hope you will try the dinner and desert menus – our Chef has come up with some delicious menu items.

We look forward to your next visit to Kansas City and welcome you back!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Ashley Blair
Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The elevator was not available for the parking garage so I had to carry all my luggage down the stairs and then to the other set of the elevators to get to my room. When I called 3 days later to find out if the elevator was working, I was told it was never broken. The room was ok; although the plumbing needs to be updated. The service was inconsistent. Sometimes I had a very helpful person; other times the person was rude and did not follow through on my request.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank megustaleer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear megustaleer,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fairbury, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here last night after the Pink concert, my first time

Location is super if you are going to attend a concert at the Sprint Center or do a convention at Bartle Hall
Located in the heart of downtown, it is a IHG (Holiday Inn) member hotel

The service from the staff was great

the bed was wonderful with perfect pillows. I sometimes have a hard time slepping on the road, woke up at 7am (late for me)

My new favorite hotel in downtown Kansas City. We will be staying here next time we stay downtown

Room Tip: ask for a suite on the 23rd floor we stayed in room 2316 and it was spacious with living room and b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Douglas8098,

Wow, thank you for such a GREAT review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay from the location to the bedding to the staff.

I look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you travel to Kansas City.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Ashley Blair
Guest Services
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was stuck between 3 and 4 - should be 3.5

The staff was great! The hotel was fine - and a little nicer than the other Crowne Plaza's I've stayed at.

PROS: Great and helpful staff; clean, updated, great business center, starbucks in the lobby, accommodated late check out request, comfortable bed nice pillows.

CONS: just a blanket in the bed - no comforter and the heater was pretty loud so it was hard to sleep with it on. No water bottle in the room. Even if it would have cost me $5 - I wish I had the option/ convenience of having one in the room. There may have been vending machines with water bottles, but I arrived at midnight and had to rush out to speak on a panel early in the morning. I found myself thirsty in the middle of the night and when I woke up. Although, conference attendees staying at other hotels had the same complaint - so it is not just the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Desink,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that our customer service exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great breakfast buffet (for a price) and very convenient to convention center. Rooms small, tiny bathroom, bar leaves a lot to be desired. Restaurant staff great and food delicious, but it took at while to get our food even when restaurant was pretty much empty. Huge hotel, but only 3 elevators. Always a long line at the elevators. Starbucks in house was a nice treat. Afternoon staff at checkin was great. Organized and helpful. Evening staff was rude and not helpful. They even had information wrong that the afternoon people had already confirmed. We tried to check into 3 rooms in the afternoon but only 1 was ready. When we went back to check in to the other two they wanted to charge us more.

For a downtown hotel, we expected more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear 3mmmsmom,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations but I thank you for your kind words about our afternoon front desk staff.

The next time you travel back to Kansas City we hope that you will be our guest again.

Sharon MA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was not our first choice hotel, but it was a compromise choice in downtown.

We were concerned about noise and asked for a quiet room. We got a room all the way at the end of the hall - facing the convention center. It was quiet on all three nights of our stay.

The room was good sized, everything worked as expected.

Only two minor complaints
* garage elevators are old and shabby. They took a long time to come. When we pushed the button for our floor it always stopped one floor higher. This was not a big deal since we could easily walk down 1 flight of stairs - right next to the elevator. I could see this being a real problem for some people.
* breakfast in the hotel restaurant was not great. Coffee was lukewarm and bitter. When we complained they brought freshly brewed coffee from the kitchen - but this took a long time. There is a starbucks in the lobby, which many people used instead. The food was ok, but took a long time to come. The place was not crowded at all on the day we had breakfast, so it was surprising how slow it was. On the other days we chose to have breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Shakespeare_fan,

Thank you for your thorough review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am appreciative of your comments.

I am happy to hear your guest room met your expectations and everything was in working order and that our staff was able to accommodate your request for a quiet room.

I am also pleased to inform you that our garage elevators are being 100% replaced and will be up and running like a charm in no time.

Thank you for your candid words about your experience during breakfast in our restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to our food and beverage team who will make sure to make any adjustments necessary for future guests and your return visit.

We welcome you back the next time you are in Kansas City.

Thanks!

McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recently stayed at this property eight nights for business. Desk staff were very nice and accommodating. The room was clean and nice, thought the restroom and room were much smaller than what I expected from a Crowne Plaza property. Nevertheless, the property is conveniently located to restaurants and such (Gas Light District) and to the Convention Center. Also, it is within moderate walking distance to additional sites (Union Station, War Memorial) and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear WSW64,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. It is wonderful that you found our location to be so convenient. I hope you were able to mix a little work with play and visit some of the attractions Kansas City has to offer while you were here.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We look forward to your next visit.