Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
US$317
US$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
US$295
US$273
  • Restaurant
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$81
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centerthe executive loungemusic halldance competitionking suitevalet parkingtwo blocksgreat customer serviceupon checkbusiness tripan older hotelshuttle serviceroxannegarageconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I love the convenience - the parking garage is easy to get into and out of, and you can take the elevator from the garage to your room. The hotel is 1 block from the KC convention center and just a 3 or 4 minute walk from the Power and Light District which has a bunch of bars and restaurants. It seems like the hotel is also very close to a lot of highways so it's easy to get into and out of downtown. They also have a pretty good Starbucks in the lobby.

The bed was pretty comfortable but didn't blow me away. We did have a nice view. The shower was strong but the tub was slow to drain, and the bathroom was a little small.

Nothing wrong with it but I might look around for other hotels in this area just to see what else is out there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear jfranco77,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you find our location to your liking. It is very convenient and close to several of the areas major attractions.

I am sorry to hear about your slow tub drain, I have informed our maintenance department of your comment for future guests.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for almost a month and it was the best place ever. The hotel is very well located, almost everything is within walking distance. The rooms are large and comfortable. I was in KC for work and being away from home for a long time can be tough. The staff at the hotel took very good care of us. It was a pleasure staying here. Everyone from the staff at the reception, the valets and the restaurant staff are friendly and very helpful. Many a helpful suggestions from them helped us find good restaurants and places to sightsee. Thanks Crowne Plaza :)

Room Tip: All rooms on the west have a view of the power and light district which is a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear IndiGlo17,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. I appreciate your kind words about the staff and their efforts to please &/or assist our guests. I am glad that you found the location to your liking and were able to explore the area. I did share your comments with my team and I wish you could have seen how it brought smiles to their faces!

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you will choose us again when your future travels bring you back to Kansas City!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am on a road trip across the Mid West and this was the most expensive and worst hotel I stayed in. The elevators creek , stains on the carpets in the elevators and corridors, small gym and poor air conditioning in my room on then 21st floor. Breakfast was also rather average in terms of choice and presentation
How can they change $200 a night for this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
KCCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear HT01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Crowne Plaza KC Downtown. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I appreciate your comments. As we are continually striving to improve our guest service delivery, I will utilize your comments to coach and train our staff. I hope that should your travels bring you back to Kansas City, you will give us another opportunity to improve your opinion of the this hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinion. I truly regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I will address each of your concerns with my team.

I hope the rest of your trip through the Midwest is safe and enjoyable.

Regards,

Michael Cooney

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is centrally located in Kansas City to all transportation lines and to all of the wonderful places of interest to visit such as the museums and theaters in downtown Kansas. The staff were incredible and I can truly say that I have never stayed at any other hotel in 30 years that could equal the customer service this hotel provided me as well as my staff during our stay while attending a conference. The rooms were extremely clean and neat. They always had a person in the lobby to assist you, not just the people at the front desk. To recap, it was truly a very hospitable hotel and one I would look forward to staying at again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear otisbailey,

I am so pleased to learn that you had such a nice stay. I will make sure to share your review with our entire staff because I know it will be a highlight during their day.

We look foward to your next visit! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in this hotel. Because it was a slow two days, we were upgraded to a king suite. That suite was very large, a large bedroom and a large lounge wiith a desk, a coffee table, three chairs, a couch for two people, a small refrigerator, and a sink. It was certainly larger than we needed. The location is also excellent. We did not rent a car because it is possible to walk to all the places we wanted to visit. Finally, when we inquired at the desk for restaurant recommendations, Gwen had a number of recommendations and even gave us discount coupons at the restaurants we visited. My only complaint is that we could hear something like rushing air - not loud enough to keep us awake at night, but not as quiet as our home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmaier69
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear tmaier69,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown. Our location in proximity to the Power and Light District and other great KC attractions is top-notch. I am glad our front desk agent was able to assist you with good restaurant recommendations. We hope you will visit us again, the next time you are in the area.

Thanks again for staying with us!