Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
US$201
US$186
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$81
ComfortInn
US$111
US$94
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$164
US$163
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$267
US$204
  • Restaurant
All reviewspower and light districtfront desksprint centerthe executive loungemusic halldance competitionking suitevalet parkingtwo blocksgreat customer serviceupon checkbusiness tripan older hotelshuttle serviceroxannegarageconference
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I decided to switch to this property during my time in KC. Upon arriving to the hotel I was greeted by the friendly Valet Attendant. Gwen at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure that my stay at this property was going to be great. She kept telling me that if I needed anything at all to let her know.
This is A+ service! I appreciated the friendly, attentive, and caring staff that this property has. If I'm ever back in the area - I will be definitely stay here again.
Great location. Outstanding rooms. Great views. Great Staff. Exceptional Service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Matthew D,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City Downtown. We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and exceptional service

! Hope to see you return again soon. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Chose this hotel based on corporate rate through work. Very convenient location within walking distance to several sites -- Power & Light district, convention centre, among others. Overall Kansas City's downtown is surprisingly walkable. The hotel parking was convenient -- and only needed the car to drive to Kauffman Stadium to see a Royals game. The location contributed heavily to this 'very good' rating.

The hotel felt a bit dated through common areas. The room was clean and functional. The hotel showed its age with a thin hotel room door where you could hear noise from the hallway. From the 19th floor the hotel window insulated most of the street noise, save for the occasional bus. Neither interrupted one's sleep.

The breakfast buffet was affordable -- pleasantly surprised that it included the juice that I ordered with the meal. The selection was just "good"..... and was very good value considering the price.

Overall this is a very good place to stay for those looking to spend time enjoying the sights in Kansas City.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank toronto_subway_rider
Ashley B, Guest Services at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear toronto_subway_rider,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us, and your experience in The City Grille as well. Thank you for your valued input and your patronage, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I love the convenience - the parking garage is easy to get into and out of, and you can take the elevator from the garage to your room. The hotel is 1 block from the KC convention center and just a 3 or 4 minute walk from the Power and Light District which has a bunch of bars and restaurants. It seems like the hotel is also very close to a lot of highways so it's easy to get into and out of downtown. They also have a pretty good Starbucks in the lobby.

The bed was pretty comfortable but didn't blow me away. We did have a nice view. The shower was strong but the tub was slow to drain, and the bathroom was a little small.

Nothing wrong with it but I might look around for other hotels in this area just to see what else is out there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear jfranco77,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you find our location to your liking. It is very convenient and close to several of the areas major attractions.

I am sorry to hear about your slow tub drain, I have informed our maintenance department of your comment for future guests.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for almost a month and it was the best place ever. The hotel is very well located, almost everything is within walking distance. The rooms are large and comfortable. I was in KC for work and being away from home for a long time can be tough. The staff at the hotel took very good care of us. It was a pleasure staying here. Everyone from the staff at the reception, the valets and the restaurant staff are friendly and very helpful. Many a helpful suggestions from them helped us find good restaurants and places to sightsee. Thanks Crowne Plaza :)

Room Tip: All rooms on the west have a view of the power and light district which is a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear IndiGlo17,

Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza - Kansas City. I appreciate your kind words about the staff and their efforts to please &/or assist our guests. I am glad that you found the location to your liking and were able to explore the area. I did share your comments with my team and I wish you could have seen how it brought smiles to their faces!

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you will choose us again when your future travels bring you back to Kansas City!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am on a road trip across the Mid West and this was the most expensive and worst hotel I stayed in. The elevators creek , stains on the carpets in the elevators and corridors, small gym and poor air conditioning in my room on then 21st floor. Breakfast was also rather average in terms of choice and presentation
How can they change $200 a night for this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
KCCPGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear HT01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Crowne Plaza KC Downtown. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I appreciate your comments. As we are continually striving to improve our guest service delivery, I will utilize your comments to coach and train our staff. I hope that should your travels bring you back to Kansas City, you will give us another opportunity to improve your opinion of the this hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinion. I truly regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I will address each of your concerns with my team.

I hope the rest of your trip through the Midwest is safe and enjoyable.

Regards,