“only if you are desperate”
Review of Super Budget Inn

Super Budget Inn
Super Budget Inn
Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ended up not staying here beds ok but bathrooms were not. First room had errant water on floor...was told maintenance just used tub to get water ...if so grease in tub in second room is from what? There was a smell, burn marks on sink and brown stains on walls.

They were good about giving me a refund and said they would address the concerns... but I would give them time before making a reservation at this location

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Super Budget Inn

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Super Budget Inn. This site says its in Kansas City but, its actually in Independence Missouri. The room was clean, smelled good and was roomie. The beds were comfortable and the linens were very nice and clean( unlike like a few of the others we have stayed at) The motel staff were nice and very quick to make the customer happy. Stayed for two(2) weeks and never had any problems from the staff or the guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

After having a horrible experience at the Arrowhead Inn down the street at midnight. We found this lovely little place the front desk lady was super nice and sympathetic to our horrible experience and gave us the "Queens" package (wink wink) hahah. Its a nice quiet hotel nothing fancy but its affordable and clean. The beds were comfortable and the shower had the hottest water that never run out. we will stay here again EVERY time we come to a KC Chiefs football game. My daughter and I thank God for this hotel. One suggestion I have for the management.... you could provide a little coffee pot for the rooms.

Room Tip: we stayed in rm 157
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were staying in the KC area and saw the signs along the interstate for this motel. When we pulled in we had to double check the sign. We've stayed in $34.95 places before that were ok, so we didn't know what to expect. There were two ladies at the front counter, when I asked about a room for the night they looked at each and said,"well, I guess". I asked to see the room and they both hesitated, but one showed us the "non-smoking" room. It was located in the back corner. It was awful. The door was about to fall off, the top of the mattress wasn't even a foot off the floor and sagged really bad. The carpet was filthy and the room smelled something awful. The entire facility is old and very run down. It may very well be the worst place we've ever considered staying at. I didn't have to look any further as we thanked them and left.
I noticed the other reviews were several months and years old. We were lucky enough to make our decision before staying. I cannot recommend anyone to stay here. We did not stay here, but I feel the readers need to be made aware.

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JnR2
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Where do I start? First, they did not have my reservation. I didn't even see a computer in their office area, so I'm not sure why they take online reservations. When they decided they could "put us up for the night", they told me the room wasn't ready (and it was 4 pm) and it would be 2 more hours. I expected this to be a low cost place to stay, but I also expected it to be clean. The cost was still a little over $100, and the room was a disaster with gnats and flies in the room all evening long; the bathroom was not clean at all. I ended up purchasing disinfectant wipes to wipe down toilet, shower stall, sink, door handles, furniture tops---any place I wanted to set something down. I wouldn't even take off my shoes to walk across the room, and in the morning, lined the floors with my clothes I wore the previous day. I was very disturbed the owner wanted a copy of my driver's license--and I saw a large stack of copies of driver's licenses. Isn't that a violation of keeping information secure and safe? Do not stay here unless you are immune to filthy, rundown conditions and bring your own sheets and cleaning supplies.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank Traveler46Kansas
Reviewed 29 September 2008

This hotel was filthy and run down. The room was very dirty, carpet was filthy, no amenities at all, and bathroom was a disaster. We were lucky to have 3 tiny bars of soap. The linens were worn and dirty. The blanket even had holes in it. Could not even find a clean place to sit. All hotels were booked for NASCAR and Chiefs game or would have left immediately. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank Gambler40
Reviewed 15 August 2007

Stayed at the Budget Host Inn in Kansas CIty. Nice and clean rooms, ate at the onsite restaurant and the food was good homecooking type. Easy to get to all attractions. I recommend this motel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vrkc2000
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#16 of 18 in Independence
La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs

Been to Super Budget Inn? Share your experiences!