“Stayed at EconoLodge by the airport last time when we had...”

Days Inn Kansas City International Airport
Ranked #83 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed at EconoLodge by the airport last time when we had an flight the following morning and their service and especially the room can not compare to Days Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We're glad you had a great experience.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Rooms are ok - could use some updating. The front desk man with the piercings was very very very rude and not at all helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to write. Without question, we are committed in providing
exceptional guest service! As we focus on staff training and development, we are remindful of what it takes to please our guests.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel because it was close to the airport and I needed a shuttle the next morning. There are plenty of hotels in the immediate vicinity, and I was glad I chose this place. My room was very comfortable and clean. However, I will be honest and say that there were two hairs embedded into the towels in the bathroom. For me, that is not a big deal, but I do know that is a VERY big deal for other travelers, so I wanted to put it out there for people to leave or take. I did check the beds and the pillows and had no other discretions that I would feel a need to report. The pool is indoors and while I'm sure that is really enjoyable during the colder seasons, but in the summer... wow, it was really stifling. Kind of sauna like. I did stay for a while and read my book and jump in the water to swim, but I was gone within 45 min or so. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was not overly fancy but the did have a nice waffle maker and danishes and cereal. It was a very nice effort to convenience travelers not to have to deal with finding a restaurant for a morning meal. My ride to the airport was quick and on time. The management at this site were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor (of 3) and my room was in the middle of the floor and I never heard any no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Alisa,

Thank you for providing feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
As we continue to grow, our main focus is to deliver quality based results.
From your review, we will reeducate our staff members and work harder to show
why Days Inn at Kansas City International Airport is the best value!

Thank you so much for staying with us!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one evening (for about 5 hours) to shower and sleep before our early flight the next morning. The first room we were given reeked of smoke and our son has severe asthma and allergy to smoke. We went to the front desk and they quickly switched us to another room with minimal hassle. The room we were given was right off the elevator and stairs which made it somewhat noisy, but the room was clean and large. We would stay here again when we fly out early.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I felt like Eve on Barbershop: "Who took my gosh darn Orange Juice!!!" We had booked the hotel for 3 nights. Checked in at 4am, housekeeping knocked on the door at 9am to service the room and we told them we did not want any service as we had just checked in. We left later in the afternoon that same day and came back to a room where all of our things had been thrown away including my gosh darn favorite Orange Juice that cost more than most!!! Management did not replace it, but they did offer me some of their watered down continental breakfast version that was horrible to the view. Breakfast sucked! Waffle batter was so watered down that they were air thin and stuck to the griddle. Everything was watered down. Looks like all the breakfast came from the clearance section of an outlet store.

Room Tip: Seems like a cheap hotel because the front desk person is the airport shuttle man throught the night...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family