“Great tapas”

La Bodega - Kansas City
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega - Kansas City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We love this restaurant for their tapas and sangria. We go to the south location. They have many choices of tapas. We try different ones each time we go. They also serve full plate meals. We always enjoy the choices they offer. We like to go on Sundays, they offer 1/2 price on their sangria and have Spanish dancers with Spanish music. Always fun. Service is good. Reasonably priced. Beautiful decor. Atmosphere is good. Nice out outdoor patio area. If you like tapas this is the place for you. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for La Bodega - Kansas City

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The quality of food is exceptional here. I have tried a number of their dishes and can't recall a single one I didn't like. They have a nice variety of tapas all the time and at lunch have some entrees. I tried a chicken entree this last visit and it was up to their high standards--it was delicious and superb and was under $15. I had a Spanish beer with it which was also delicious. The atmosphere here is upscale and yet casual at the same time. Service has always been efficient, friendly and professional and reasonably fast. The only downside here is that tapas portions are typically fairly small and with each tapas dish approaching $10, the tab can really skyrocket if you're pretty hungry. I don't know what a typical tapas place would actually be like in Spain, but this place feels fairly authentic in its decor. I really like this place. It is located just underneath the I-35 bridge on Southwest Boulevard.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Happy hour starts at 2 pm daily and there is a wine special every Monday. First visit and it will not be my last. Loved the decor and the wait staff and manager were super friendly. The atmosphere has a great vibe Parking was very close, free, and off the road (the location is on a busy street and it was nice to have off the road parking). The food was very good! I can't wait to share this place with friends. Very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We enjoyed selections from the tapas menu for dinner al fresco on a recent perfect summer evening. We were delighted to see that this restaurant was dog friendly within their sidewalk seating section. Our favorite tapas was the goat cheese served with garlic crostinis (Queso de Cabra al Horno). Above all, really friendly staff, especially our waitress, Lindsey.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Love the happy hour, super good, best sangrias and love the humus. I only go during happy hour reason it's the best bang for your buck.