Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Winnipeg, Canada
“good location”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

stopped here on the way back from St. Louis to catch a ball game at Kauffman Field. decent location, quick ride over to ball game.
nice and clean, fairly quiet, good continental in the morning, very nice stay....would do it again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and a half. It is close to our daughters school (less than 2 miles). We have enjoyed every stay. The hotel is very close to Raytown,Mo. There are quite a few restaurants as well as a Wal-mart if you need something for your trip. They have a pool but there is not a hot tub. The breakfast has always be very good. Its a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits,gravy,cereal, boiled eggs, toast, pastries You should be able to find something to snack on. we may be staying there again in two weeks when we go pick her up.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors to minimize people walking around while I am trying to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I didn't know anything about the area when I booked this hotel and supposedly, it is not in the best part of Kansas City. I would not have known because it is right on the 350 Highway and there is not a lot around the hotel. There are several stores further down the highway: Hy-Vee and Walmart are within a couple of miles.

The hotel is comfortable and clean. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly. They have a breakfast included with your stay, but I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot speak as to the quality of the breakfast. :)

The fitness center was a bit disappointing in that there were no weights at all. There is one treadmill, one elliptical and one recumbent bike.

Ask for rooms 121-126 as they are on the side away from the highway and have a nice view of a pond out back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Muskegon
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here while attending a KC game and visiting the city. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We needed extra towels and extra blankets (2 requests). Both brought to our room in a timely manner. Our toilet started running constantly but was fixed within an hour once we notified the front desk. The pool is a little small but my kids had plenty of fun!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan D
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is clean and workers nice, but if you go there looking to be able to get cabs and delivery, you will not be able to. The horrible thing is that the vendors--Pizza Hut and Yellow Cab among them--won't tell you that they don't service the area until you've waited an unusually long time and call back. I hold Holiday Inn Express responsible for ensuring that their patrons have transportation and access to food. No shuttle or food options. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RENTAL CAR OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION.

• Stayed March 2014
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Good day. Although we are very glad that you chose our Holiday Inn Express we are certainly frustrated with your experience regarding transportation and delivery. We are taking this opportunity to reach out to those vendors that service our location (including the two that you mention) and correct any issues that exist. We certainly appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to relay those. I would be happy to discuss this in further detail with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I chose this location because it is close to a birthday party I was attending. I was happy to get an early check in and the lady who checked me in was very nice and accommodating, however the evening front desk staff(young girl with redish blonde hair) was not as helpful. I called down for help with my heating unit and was told that she was too busy to come help me and I would have to wait 20 minutes. This would have been ok except that I was in a hurry to get ready for my evening plans, so I declined. About 30 minutes later I realized I forgot a comb for my hair and called down to see if they had one and they did, only I would have to come get it. This is not really a big deal except I would have to get completely dressed with wet hair, come down, then get undressed again( because the room was like 90 degrees like I said before, no help with the unit). It was really upsetting because when I left to go to my party the girl at the desk was SITTING in front of the computer doing nothing. Or at least it appeared that way..

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pamela H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and making the effort to tell us of the good and bad points of your stay. Please know that we are deeply saddened to hear that our staff services have not been able to effectively assist you during the time of your stay, and for that we are sorry. It is our goal to give our guests the best service there is we could offer, and your review will definitely be given its due attention so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. Thank you for the opportunity to improve and we sincerely hope that you would consider giving us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 January 2014

A lovely hotel with a warm welcome. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - we asked them to recommend some restaurants locally were we could eat in the evenings and we were not disappointed! Hotels location was excellent all the usual tourist attractions within easy drive distance and also has good vacation spots nearby! Our room was very comfortable and spacious but be warned if you book a single room it may be a bit of a tight squeeze! All in all a lovely friendly hotel to enjoy, I would definitely stay there again and thoroughly recommend it to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our hotel. Perfection is definitely what we strive for, and we always strive hard to give our guests our well-appointed guest rooms, exceptional customer services and utmost comfort at all times. We are extremely lucky to have a team of employees that sincerely care about our guest and their experiences. We appreciate very much your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.