“Would never stay here again (pleasure/business)”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Ranked #55 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Plano, Texas
“Would never stay here again (pleasure/business)”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room with a king size bed was clean and furnishings were fairly new. I could hear the people upstairs walking in their rooms. It sounds like they have thin floors. The Wifi in their rooms was so slow that you thought you were in a dial up connection. I complained about it in the front desk and the guy who answered the phone simply said he did know anything about it. He did not even offer to contact IT or somebody else. I stayed here for 2 nights and the internet speed was horrible. Unlike other Holiday Inn Hotels, you would need to go up to the front desk to pick up your receipt instead of them just slipping the receipt under your door. For the 119/129 USD per night that you pay, it's not worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear duanerdude,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased with you mentioning about our clean room accommodations. However, it is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay because of the noise levels you have experienced and the WiFi service that was provided. I have taken note of your comments including the one about getting your receipt. Rest assured that these will be used towards the improvement of our services.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again and provide you with the best hotel experience in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was the fifth hotel we stayed at on our vacation and it was definitely a case of saving the best for last. We all agreed it was the best experience, even besting a high end resort. The location was great, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and we felt it was a very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan F
Alvarado
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I are long time rewards members with Holiday Inn. We invested in the Holiday Inn Club Vacations time share. We left Marriott completely several years ago to stay at Holiday Inn exclusively. Tonight I'm very sorry that we did. I drove 7 hours to get to KC for my son's wedding and arrived at the hotel after midnight. The young man at the front desk was beyond rude and condescending. He acted like I bothered him just by showing up. At every HI we've been in, we've been given a goody bag with water. When I asked him for a water, he said they didn't have them and directed me to a vending machine which was sold out. So no water. When I got to my room, I found black hair in the sink, a stray bobbie pin on the floor, and the drywall tape falling down on the ceiling. Not to mention the bed is covered with a nasty plastic sheet that makes the bed uninviting. When I called down to the front desk to ask about breakfast, I told the guy I was just curious as to why they didn't give the goody bag with water when every other HI does. He asked if I was a rewards member. I reminded him I had just shown him my card. Then he said his manager didn't make any up today. I asked if he couldn't have just gone to get a water and he replied he didn't know where they were. I then told him I felt that he could be a little nicer to the guests AND HE LAUGHED AT ME. Yep. Laughed. I asked him if he was laughing and he said he hoped I had a good night and slammed the phone down in my ear. I have never been treated so shabbily after paying over $150 a night for a room. This place needs a lesson in cleanliness and customer service. Save yourself the hassle and scathing demeanor of the front desk clerks. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Pamela H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Public acknowledgement:

Dear Pamela H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club. It is regrettable that the level of service we have provided and our room accommodations fell short of your expectations. I would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken into serious account as I would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

stopped here on the way back from St. Louis to catch a ball game at Kauffman Field. decent location, quick ride over to ball game.
nice and clean, fairly quiet, good continental in the morning, very nice stay....would do it again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year and a half. It is close to our daughters school (less than 2 miles). We have enjoyed every stay. The hotel is very close to Raytown,Mo. There are quite a few restaurants as well as a Wal-mart if you need something for your trip. They have a pool but there is not a hot tub. The breakfast has always be very good. Its a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits,gravy,cereal, boiled eggs, toast, pastries You should be able to find something to snack on. we may be staying there again in two weeks when we go pick her up.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors to minimize people walking around while I am trying to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I didn't know anything about the area when I booked this hotel and supposedly, it is not in the best part of Kansas City. I would not have known because it is right on the 350 Highway and there is not a lot around the hotel. There are several stores further down the highway: Hy-Vee and Walmart are within a couple of miles.

The hotel is comfortable and clean. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly. They have a breakfast included with your stay, but I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot speak as to the quality of the breakfast. :)

The fitness center was a bit disappointing in that there were no weights at all. There is one treadmill, one elliptical and one recumbent bike.

Ask for rooms 121-126 as they are on the side away from the highway and have a nice view of a pond out back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Muskegon
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here while attending a KC game and visiting the city. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We needed extra towels and extra blankets (2 requests). Both brought to our room in a timely manner. Our toilet started running constantly but was fixed within an hour once we notified the front desk. The pool is a little small but my kids had plenty of fun!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
#15 of 108 in Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex
Address: 8551 E State Route 350, Kansas City, MO 64133-4730
Region: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #55 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex 2.5*
The newest addition to Kansas City, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex! We are conveniently located near the Kansas City Sports complex, home of the Chiefs and Royals. Chill out in downtown Kansas City just a short drive from our front door. With our world class service and many Kansas City restaurants and attractions just moments from our front door, you ll discover why our guests have selected us as their preferred hotel in Kansas City! This state-of-the-art hotel features special in room amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms, 32 flat panel LCD TV and free local calls. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, take time to relax and enjoy our swimming pool, business center, wireless Internet access in all public areas and fitness center. Points of Interests Attractions: Kauffman Stadium, home to the Kansas City Royals and Arrowhead Stadium, home to the Kansas City Chiefs. Businesses: GE Energy, Unilever Best Foods, Time Warner, Bayer Corporation, Ford Motor Company, & Cerner Corporation. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kansas City Sports Complex ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kansas City Sports Complex