“Take Take Take”

Ameristar Casino Kansas City
Ranked #51 of 163 things to do in Kansas City
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and seems like all the do is take take take. We played two of the three days we stayed here and never again. I like the place in St. Louis much better than here. Not worth the trip

4  Thank Susan Z
"gaming area"
"normal buffet"
"non gaming"
in 2 reviews
"selection of slot machines"
"clean casino"
"casino experience"
"lots of food choices"
"date night"
"only complaint"

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wife and I decided to make the rounds of the casinos in the area to use coupons from several of them. As it neared the lunch hour I decided to make one last stop, the Ameristar casino. We had not been there for several years. First stop, renew players card, check out the entire area, trying both old and new machines, and finally, lunch. We found the buffett and excellent value, great food, outstanding variety, and good wait staff. I was impressed by the air quality, being an ex-smoker I don't appreciate second hand smoke. They seem to have been able to eliminate a lot of the smoke. Machines seemed to have a great mix of both the old favorites and a good variety of new machines.

Overall, a great experience. Had a lot of fun and won a little cash!!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

my husband and I have been going to Ameristar for many years. honestly it's the best casino to go. good food extra nice motels all of the employees are the most friendly. I always have a lot of fun. I love all the video games they have. except one thing "bring heart of gold back downstairs. a lot of people enjoyed that game. it's my home away from home. bettie

Reviewed 9 November 2013

For both playing and high quality food options, this is the best choice in Kansas City. The steakhouse, and Pearl's (primarily seafood) are outstanding. If a buffet is your thing, the buffet here is plentiful, food is carefully prepared, and the service is very good.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thanks for visiting and for sharing your review! We’re so happy to hear that Ameristar is your favorite.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My favorite casino in KC area. Everything always looks so clean. They have many different slot machines to match any budget. There are lot's of card tables too. The dealers are friendly and welcoming. If you are hungry you will find many different restaurants to suit your mood. Smoking is allowed but I never smell smoke.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I’m happy to hear we’re your favorite! Thanks for being our guest and for sharing your review.