“Agree with Take Take Take”

Ameristar Casino Kansas City
Ranked #53 of 154 things to do in Kansas City
North Kansas City, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Agree with Take Take Take”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you have played here before and thought the slots were tight you will be delighted to know that they recently reprogrammed everything and now they are even tighter. After 11 years of playing here or about 1000 visits I have only won 1 time. Do the math. This Casino never pays. If you take 100 bucks you might last 30 minutes. Good luck if you go but It Is a waste of gas.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank MoMan43

Buckner, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Love ameristar.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I love ameristar casino. I feel like its home away from home. Loosest slots compared to others. I also feel safe when i go to ameristar with the security. Thank you aneristar.

Visited April 2014
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“We had a good time...”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After grabbing a bite to eat we decided to give Ameristar a chance on Saturday night.

I was amazed at how close we could park at 8:00 pm on a Saturday night. The security guard checking I.D.’s took a little longer than I thought it should have, but he had a great sense of humor and that helped with the wait.

Since this was our first time to this casino, we just walked around it to get a feel of where everything was and what was offered to play. We played several machines and had luck. Of course it all went back into the casino, but it was nice to be able to play for a couple hours on a low pre-set limit. I only played quarter machines, and this casino has machines of all types. Lots of penny machines here.

Free soda, which is nice, several table games which were packed, the exception being the roulette wheel. Asked several times by waitresses if we wanted a drink, and our other interactions with the staff where pleasant.

We never ate here, but it looked like it had several options.

The interior seemed dated, but it didn’t affect our playing. I thought this casino was very smoky inside from the cigarettes.

Overall we had a good time. I consider casinos entertainment, with winning as a bonus, we were entertained. We will give this one another try.

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ok, not worth the cash”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Its clean, staff is nice, the steakhouse is very expensive and was the worst primerib I have ever eaten. Drinks are overpriced. No need or want to return.

2 Thank beccamcfeeters
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like being interrogated like a criminal....”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We would spend 2 minutes each getting interrogated by a security person to get into the casino. Apparently a valid photo ID is not enough proof of your age. You also have to answer a bunch of stupid questions as well. VERY DEMEANING. When your almost 30 it’s quite annoying to be subjected to such questioning by someone that obviously wanted to be a police officer and could not make the cut. We will take our meeting elsewhere next time!

Visited January 2014