Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
US$196
US$181
US$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Restaurant
US$196
US$181
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$114
US$244
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
US$201
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanchoice privilegeskansas city airporthot tuban early flightfridge and microwavethe breakfast areaa great place to stayexercise roommorning breakfastshuttle servicebiscuits and gravybed and pillowsstayed two nightsindoor poolfront desk staffenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Feels like you're in a convention movie. What a treat. People are nice. guests are interesting. Guy tending bar is a new Yorker telling city slicker stories. Nice enough rooms. Decent room service. Little business centre. Good shuttle. What else do you want from a business airport hotel for the price. Dig it.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We 'dig it"

We will keep things fresh and hope you come back and see us when you return to Kansas City.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our room was super clean and comfortable. Pet-friendly, which for us is a must. The swimming pool was empty and we had it all to ourselves for a little while, which was awesome. Breakfast was the usual stuff, nothing fancy. Staff was approachable, although I'd stop short of calling them "friendly" - had a question about billing during our stay and the desk staff at the time seemed pretty defensive and disinterested in helping me figure it out. All is well, though, and I'd stay here in the future if we are ever in Kansas City again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nursenicole329
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you had the entire pool area to yourselves, at least for a short time. The pool is a popular amenity.

We want all of our guests to be met with friendly, well-trained associates that assist them
to have the best stay possible. I will share your comments with them.

We do hope to have you back again as our guest very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is fairly new and clean, but I've stayed in two separate rooms with the same issue - wet carpet around the AC and a strong musty/moldy smell. I know problems happen, but when they are dealt with in a rude manner by the front desk, I see no reason to cut any slack. Between my two stays I was in for 6 nights and every one of the front desk personnel was very nice, except one. Based on the time of day and the way everyone else avoided her, I assume she was the person in charge. When I brought up the wet carpet and moldy smell after my second night, her first and only response was "We can't move you because we're full." Okay, I understand, but I did not ask to be moved nor did I want to move. When pressed, she replied they would use some of their strongest chemicals and fragrances to make the room meet our request (in a put-out tone). Nice. Strongest chemicals and fragrances? Request? Ought to be a minimal standard they would feel the need to meet. The chemical/fragrance power treatment sounded as yucky than the wet and mold. She offered no apology. Needless to say, when we got to the room that night nothing had been done. Again, I understand sh** happens, but the unapologetic rudeness and the lack of addressing the problem is unacceptable.

There was also one other additional problem that I didn't address with the front desk. The pillows were a thin unsupportive mess. There were lots of them, they just sucked. I stay in Comfort Inns and related Choice Hotels 80-100 nights a year, and this is a fairly common problem with them. If you have neck or back issues, think strongly about a different hotel chain.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-moldy room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and a review of our hotel.

We have identified a problem with some of the ground floor rooms, (which you were in) that the ptac unit is not balanced correctly in the window sleeve and is tilted forward ever so slightly. When the airconditioners are on constantly the drip pan becomes full and does not drain outside but comes back into the room. Legit maintenance problem and we know about it and are taking steps to fix it. Along with checking all rooms on the ground floor.

The pillow issue you spoke about, we never had a complaint about the pillows ever. They are the standard pillow that we are required to use as a Comfort Inn brand. I know you said that you stay in Choice Hotels 80-100 nights a year and we are glad you do, but are all the pillows bad? Contact me at the hotel, I would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was a great place to stay! The staff was very helpful except for an older guy at the front desk who got grumpy with me when I tried to go into the breakfast area after hours. Other front desk personnel were very helpful. they assisted us when we needed things like extra pillows, towels, and swim towels. The best of all the staff was Grandma Judy in the breakfast area who was great at meeting our breakfast needs everyday!

Room Tip: Grandma Judy in the breakfast area was great at meeting our breakfast needs everyday!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. Can't disagree with you, Judy does a fine job in the breakfast area with our guests. But I'm pretty proud of the entire staff. Many staff members are doing their work out of the guest view or contact area.

Regarding the breakfast area after hours, we try to keep that area clean for the next morning's breakfast, that is why the doors were shut. However if you need anything, just ask, my staff will be more than happy to get it for you. We love saying yes!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I just needed a room for 1 night by the airport so I booked this hotel because they had a shuttle, continental breakfast and a good price. When my plane arrived at 12:15 am I immediately called the hotel for pick up and they informed me they stopped shuttle service at 11:00 pm. In all of the info. for the hotel it never said service stopped at 11 pm. I had to take a taxi at a cost of $14.95 and then added a tip to that. Since I was only there for 8 hours I was very upset that there was not a shuttle. They did not offer to take the taxi amt off my rate or anything. I was not happy. Hotels should always state if there are limits to their services.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. On our official website it states that our shuttle service begins at 4:30am and operates till 11:00pm. Seven days per week. We find that these hours, (19hrs per day) cover most of our guests with reservations.

I'm not sure where you received your information, on our site in clearly states that. If you went
through a third-party to make your reservation, that could be where the problem is. They don't
always keep their information up to date or provide it at all.

I would like for you to contact me at the hotel and discuss the matter with you.