“Pleasant Stay”

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent one night at the hotel October 8 in two rooms. Other than being a little hard to find and being next to a noisy highway we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Our relatives from Holland were returning home after a 2 week stay with us. They, also, loved the size of the room, cleanliness (the Dutch certainly look for cleanliness next to friendliness), comfortable beds etc. We always expect this from the Comfort hotels!

Grandma Judy was the delight of the stay. She not only made eating in the breakfast room special, she helped us re-enter the hotel when we were locked out because of checking out of hotel. We had forgotten the phone charger and between Grandma Judy and the maintainance man we retrieved the missing charger. They even came outside to wave us on our way. The shuttle was a plus to take our relatives on their way to the airport.

Comfort Inns surely know how to pick the right people for the right jobs in their establishments.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. The staff here at the Comfort Inn likes to read every one that we get posted on this site.

Glad that your relatives found their accommodations clean and to their standards. Also, very glad to hear of you getting your phone charger. Thank you for letting me know about my associates that helped you locate it.

We hope to see you again when travels take you to Kansas City.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family generally stays in Comfort Inns when we travel. This hotel is far and away the best Comfort Inn we have stayed in over the last several years. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the breakfast was amazing. Comfort Inn execs, you need to experience "Grandma Judy" yourselves. She is the employee you wished you had in every Comfort Inn. She is engaged, friendly, and an all around character with a full range of customer service skills that are all too rare in any business environment today. This is the only Comfort Inn I can remember that has a wildflower meadow across the parking lot--I know you probably don't own it, but it's nice to look at. I also appreciated the round bales on the airport property across the interstate. This place has local color all over it. If you stay here, you won't be disappointed. lk

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. What makes our hotel great is the small and wonderful staff that we have taking care of our guests.

One of the stars of our show is Grandma Judy. Everyone loves their Grandma right? There is
no doubt that she has been a very important part of our business and the guests just love her.

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Beautiful modern hotel--nice lobby with hot tea, cocoa, or coffee always available. Friendly front desk personnel--happy to recommend nearby restaurants & answer all questions. Very nice room, comfy beds & pillows. We loss track of time & thought we missed breakfast since it was five minutes after the set breakfast ending time. 'Grandma Judy' welcomed us anyway, telling us no one leaves 'Grandma's breakfast room' hungry! She's a real character & delightful to visit with--a gem of a hostess & all around fun person. She'll get your day started with a smile for sure! Employees like Grandma Judy make you want to stay at this Comfort Inn location again!

Room Tip: Be sure it's not close to the vending machines or noisy ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and your experience.

Glad you enjoyed your room and the hot breakfast that we serve. We have many corporate
and leisure guests alike and they comment on the selection of hot items and the overall
breakfast and how it outshines what other hotels offer, not to mention our own brand.

We thank you for being our guest and hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed overnight with an early morning flight, which made the Comfort Inn's location convenient. The shuttle picked me up at my airport rental car as soon as I called, and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. The breakfast is highly recommendable! It opens promptly at 5:00 am, which allowed me to have a full meal before my flight. "Grandma Judy," the breakfast attendant, is a delightful person who will get your day off to a great start. The breakfast featured sausage and eggs, waffles, and a selection of cereals, breads, bagels, yogurt, and fruit--anything you can ask for, really. One tip: the night before your flight, please inform the front desk when you'll need the shuttle; they keep a schedule with passengers. Overall, a really enjoyable stay. Kudos to Grandma Judy and the Comfort Inn for a nice facility with plenty of amenities!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Your review and kind comments are appreciated. For a airport hotel we take pride in having a very prompt shuttle that will get you to the airport on time.

Nothing says "Good Morning" more than Grandma Judy. She is the star of the morning show here at the Comfort Inn. Just try to walk out of our breakfast area in a bad mood, she won't allow it.

We hope you come back and see us on a future visit to Kansas City.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel while on business at Ft. Leavenworth. We were extremely pleased with what we received for a very acceptable cost. We were a little hesitant about the distance from Ft. Leavenworth, but it turned out to be a non-issue and a beautiful drive. While I did not have the pleasure of meeting the famous Grandma Judy, my husband thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast - especially the biscuits and gravy!! The hotel was clean, nice rooms, comfortable beds, quiet, (even though near the highway), friendly staff. And the delicious chocolate chip cookies in the evening were a treat!! Good choice!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate it very much.

We have many travelers that stay with us that have business at Ft. Leavenworth. The short
drive, (15mins) is easy from our hotel. Glad the hot breakfast was a hit with your family.

We hope to have you as our guest on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My family and I stayed the night at the Comfort Inn at the Airport prior to my departure for a business trip. The room, breakfast, and the airport shuttle were all great. I even had the pleasure of meeting Judy, the breakfast attendant that others on T.A. have commented about. The issue with the hotel I experienced came after my stay when reviewing my credit card statement. In addition to the initial charge for the room, there was an additional $75 charge from the hotel listed on the statement. When I called to the hotel to inquire, I was informed the charge was due to missing property/damage to room. The attendant could not elaborate further on the source of the issue and told me the manager could speak to the charge but would not be available for three days when she returned for the weekend shift. Bewildered on what property could have been missing or damaged, I contacted Choice Hotels' customer support as well as the property's owner to get further information on why I was accused and charged for something we did not do. Even though the associates I contacted attempted to respond to my concern, I ended up having to wait the three days for the hotel manager, Tasha, to become available to get answers. As it turns out, my account was charged $75 for three pillows that someone other than the manager or the housekeeping staff noticed were absent during a walk through inspection some point after our departure. I asked Tasha what the procedure was to dispute the charge. She started to reply that she would need to ask the housekeeping staff (about the missing pillows) but then stopped and said that she would go ahead and process a refund for the charge.
I can't help but think how had I not noticed the two charges on my statement, that it probably would have gone unnoticed without even as much as a courtesy call much less a receipt from the hotel. I also wonder how many times this may have happened to other unsuspecting guests who were falsely accused of removing items from their rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. As general manager of the hotel I will respond to your question that you have raised about ethics.

There are times that we all wish we could get answers instantly, as in this case. There were staff members that needed to be spoken to directly about the missing items. We had to work through a off day for a housekeeping associate as well as the operations manager to come back from her days off. (She works weekends.) This whole process of crediting back your account took three days from start to finish. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you would
like to discuss further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

We take our rating of "Excellent" on TripAdvisor very seriously and I assure you we will always do the right thing by our guests and our associates.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stay at this hotel during Nascar race weekend. Easy check-in and friendly helpful staff. Grandma Judy did an excellent job with breakfast! Everything was fresh and hot. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We enjoy NASCAR week too. All the guests in the hotel are having a good time and getting fired up for the race.

Thank you for your kind comments and review of our hotel, we appreciate it. We hope you
got a chance to fill out one of our special flyers for 2014 Spring & Fall NASCAR races. We
will be contact those guests first to reserve their rooms and get special room rates.

See you next year or hopefully sooner.