“A very good place to stay”

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at KCI, the staff is really nice. Tasha helped me so much even before I arrived, I had questions and concerns that she answered without any problems. The room was very clean, well kept and spacious. And let me not forget the breakfast and Grandma Judy, she is just awesome, she will really make you feel right at home. Now I know where to stay whenever I come back to visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our hotel. Tausha is our front office supervisor and she does a great job of taking care of our guests and her staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here while traveling through to South Dakota, we just needed a clean simple hotel and wasn't expensive. We found a great deal on trip advisor and got the room for $60. It was very clean and all of the staff were very friendly.. Their breakfast is what it is, a hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenna C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Good for you to recieve a discounted rate, those rates, when available, get snapped up in a hurry!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it was a good experience. I was there again this past week for one night. I am a platinum member for choice hotels, My check in experience was very nice and the clerk was very helpful. I had asked for a 4am wake up call as I had a plane to catch and explained that to them when I checked in. I did not receive a call at all and the alarm clock in the room did not work so I missed my flight because of this. The room seemed very clean but I found "Silver fish" bugs in the bath room. There was a lot of black mold at the bottom of the shower curtain and the toilet seat was so loose you could hardly use it, The bathroom door did not latch at all and there was trash in the trash can when I walked in. I did try to call the desk but got no answer. I was way to tired to change rooms anyway so I thought I would let them know when I checked out.
The next morning I went to check out and no one was around. The girl fixing the food said she did not know where they were4 or how to find them, I drank coffee for 10 min and no one ever showed up.I was not happy at all after i had to pay to catch another flight after over sleeping.
I do not think I would stay there again.
Richard
Colt Transportation

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richard r

We are very concerned about the problems you encountered during your stay with us. If you would, please contact me at the hotel directly. I would like to hear more about these issues and give it the time that this forum would not allow.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My two girls and I stayed here while visiting friends in the area over spring break. It was not bad, but the bathroom could have been cleaner (hair pin left on the floor and a dead bug). I was a little grossed out by the hot tub too, it had green scum around the sides. But the "pool guy" was there the next day to clean. Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. We especially loved the lady "Grandma" who took care of breakfast. Location was convenient, the beds were comfortable. Like I said, it could have been worse.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you "Spring Breakers" for staying with us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with this site.

We will share your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. They are always interested in our guest comments.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Enjoyed a pleasurable Sunday night stay last month. Lobby looked new, front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful - room was well-maintained, clean and comfortable. Appreciated the king bed, soft and firm pillow options, and comfortable lounge and desk chairs. Although it was a Sunday and the hotel was not fully occupied, was still pleased by how quiet the property was. Breakfast was good quality with standard hot and cold item options - waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal, fruit, pastries. Coffee was very good as well. Will certainly stay again if/when I return to K.C.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We really appreciate you doing so.

The "Soft or Firm" pillow option is a new amenity that we offer at all Comfort Inn hotels nationwide. Along with our new bedding package, our guests have really been pleased with the look and feel.

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The room was okay, but the bathroom could have been cleaner (there was hair on the lavatory, yuk). The front desk lady was absolutely worthless. The hot tub was not very clean & was over full so it didn't work properly. The breakfast was pretty good...it had biscuits & gravy and a wonderful lady who tended the breakfast room. Overall, I really wouldn't recommend staying here. There are a number of other hotels in the vicinity.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Donald Ray S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will follow up with the housekeeping associate that cleaned your room. We rarely get negative comments about our cleanliness. I can assure you that this is not the norm around here.

I must object to you calling our front desk associate "worthless". If you would contact me at the hotel and have some specific reasons to your dissatisfaction, I am more than willing to hear you out on this.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife & I stayed at this location on our return trip from Az. along with our pet. Gracie had us booked in for a reservation and checked us in. VERY accommodating with room on 1st floor by an outside entrance. Had an issue with TV reception...Gracie got it squared away. Great room..quiet..clean..comfortable bed. Ok breakfast. We stay in hotels many nights during the year..this is a great property and reasonably priced. AAA+ Recommend highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear from a guest that has singled out an associate that has carried out their job in such a way that it has made a positive impact on the guest and their impression of our hotel.

Thank you again and hope to see you very soon.