“Awesome Breakfast; Clean Hotel and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ft. Worth, Texas
“Awesome Breakfast; Clean Hotel and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I flew to Kansas to spend Easter with my family and stayed at this hotel. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn and I couldn’t be more pleased with my choice! The property overall was very clean, modern and looked very safe, it was also only 10 mins from the hotel and I rarely got bothered with the noise from the planes flying above us.

The front desk staff were very polite, attentive and friendly. The rooms were also very clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. I didn’t use the pool as I didn’t bring any swim wear but I noticed lots of guests using the pool and hot tub, the pool area was very clean and the pool did look really inviting!

The breakfast at this place was just awesome, they had such a variety of options available to choose from, the coffee was fresh, the food was hot and delicious and the breakfast lady was just so nice, very attentive to all the guests and the breakfast room was very clean too.

It looks like a lot of families stay here and my general impression was that they all loved it here, so the next time I am in Kansas City staying near the airport, with or without my family, I am going to make it a point to come and stay at this hotel. There is nothing like a personal touch and the staff and managers here make it a great home away from home stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for this flattering review of our hotel. I will share this with the staff.

We try very hard, but we want to be known for warm, efficient service and very clean accommodations. We love it when guests acknowledge it.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Last stop on our road trip and what a good choice. Hotel was updated, friendly front desk, lovely room with comfortable beds, great breakfast and a good price. The outside is typical Choice Hotel but inside looks like it's been remodeled. Restaurants close by, shopping close. Would stay again. There was a problem with the unit in the room, dripping water onto carpet when we checked it which didn't affect our stay. I told the front desk about it on checkout and she was getting someone in to fix it right away. They seemed top be truly concerned and on top of the problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience at our hotel. Our hotel is just 3 years old, basically it is still new. We are glad you felt comfortable and enjoyed the other amenities of the hotel. There are many dining options nearby and at the Zona Rosa entertainment area.

We hope to see you again.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The entire staff, including Grandma Judy, helped to make our stay a very comfortable experience--she was flexible and made sure we had breakfast to start our day even though we squeaked in just under the wire for the serving hours.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much to take the time to review our hotel. It was good to hear that our Front Office Supervisor, Tausha and front desk associate Gracie were able to provide you with good service and made you feel welcome.

We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast, our breakfast has many items that other Comfort Inns don't provide. Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I missed my flight, came in late, and called ahead to Tasha at the front desk. She knew exactly who I was and told me just to get there safely, the room was waiting.
Her word was good.
The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the sheets were crisp, clean and inviting. I'm a little funny about where I place my face, so this was a great relief.
Gracie, also at the front desk, was very nice and capable, lending me glue to fix a boot heel malfunction.
Breakfast was wonderful and plentiful. The coffee was great and there were eggs, sausages, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, pastries, waffles, a selection of hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, etc... and of course, Grandma Judy, a true, caring, no-nonsense sweetheart. Parking was very convenient and I really enjoyed my home away from home.
Thank you, Comfort Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much for the review of our hotel and pointing our some of our team members who impacted your stay in such a positive way. We have a caring staff that provides great customer service, clean rooms and a great morning breakfast served up by our Grandma Judy.

We do hope to have you again as our guest.
Iola, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The employees were very nice and helpful. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The fridge and microwave were clean and worked perfectly. The coffee station was well stocked. The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. Breakfast was hot and yummy. There were many items to choose from including biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and waffles. It was a quiet neighborhood and we didn't have a problem walking after dark. Even though the airport is very close we didn't hear a single plane during our stay. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the peacefulness of our airport location. I must say for a airport hotel it is the most quite location.

Our breakfast has more items than most Comfort Inns and that is because we are in a heavy corporate market base. The leasure market enjoys it as well!
Chaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel was clean and well-maintained. The beds and bedding was comfortable, offering both soft and firm pillows which I appreciated. The morning breakfast selection was excellent, and the breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient. The pool and hot tub could have been warmer, but overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel, we do appreciate it. Also you noticed our new amenity: Soft or Firm pillows. It's something new that we are doing all over the country at every Comfort Inn hotel.

We hope you come back to see us again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at KCI, the staff is really nice. Tasha helped me so much even before I arrived, I had questions and concerns that she answered without any problems. The room was very clean, well kept and spacious. And let me not forget the breakfast and Grandma Judy, she is just awesome, she will really make you feel right at home. Now I know where to stay whenever I come back to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our hotel. Tausha is our front office supervisor and she does a great job of taking care of our guests and her staff.

We hope to see you again soon.